Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Voideco 09-08-2002 02:27 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Yeah and thanks for listening to my songs, Roy, as you said you would. Really great! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Roy Howell 09-08-2002 03:08 PM

voideco,
We've all posted stuff that wasn't mentioned. That needn't stop you from posting whatever you want. But mainly, it's not my responsibility to comment on anything here. If something slips by me, there's usually a good reason. I do the best I can.

Voideco 09-08-2002 03:23 PM

Ok Roy, I don't blame you particularly. Just got a little pissed off ..... And I wonder, am I the 'good reason' [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] ? Never mind.

Anyway, I like to post my new compositions when I'm ready with them, but I sold my 001 and everything I make from now will be done with Cubase and probly a Layla24 later on. As you say, that won't stop me from posting [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Cheers,
Voideco.
www.voideco.com

Roy Howell 09-08-2002 03:53 PM

voideco,
Just repost, and I'll try and make it a point to listen. Just remember if you would, I try to encourage creativity here every chance I get, but I don't always get to it. Just repost, bro... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks, Roy

Voideco 09-08-2002 04:25 PM

Ok friends, all of you, have a look at www.voideco.com. The latest tunes I've posted are Age of Soul (out of which I derived Age of Mankind, which has HD recorded samples), containing Nord Lead 1 tunes that dress up the song the most. Dismal Science I recorded all in PTLE, like also Bear with me. The songs that are the most finished are Goldfish and Galactic Storm however, made with Cubase VST. Hope & Faith is not very advanced, but I keep it there because of the emotion I put into it. Any comment is welcome, my family likes anything I make even if it's a Santa Claus poem, but I'd like to hear some comments that make sense from fellow musicians. More tunes are to come up later.

Roy Howell 09-08-2002 10:50 PM

voideco,
I don't know why, but these songs download very slowly. There are 12 songs there, so I had to choose a couple, which I did.
I listened to 'Bear with Me' first, and then 'Age of Soul'. Interesting mixture of synth sounds and beats, and some of the bass lines are really nice. Helps make the background come together well. You're getting some good sounds. Keep it up...

~Roy

Roy Howell 09-09-2002 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by badperson:
okay, I've posted this three times, no one ever listened to it.
jasonwardenburg_music.htm[/URL]
bp

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Jason,
Actually, some people did listen to this the last time you posted it. Did you not see that? (p.24)

Voideco 09-09-2002 12:35 AM

Thanks Roy. Yeah, my server is very slow. I'm hosting the site myself and my average downloadspeed is 35 Kbps (cable modem). And I will have to keep on using that connecting, can't afford ADSL yet.
Thanks for the comments. Think my main skill is in the mixing, not in composing. Compared to what some people here make I think I only approach their musical skills from a distance. Lots to learn, so I keep following this thread.
Cheers man! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Voideco

badperson 09-09-2002 01:38 PM

I was definitely NOT being sarcastic. I went back and found the spot you mentioned.

I meant that I have learned a lot listening to the posts and then reading the feedback and suggestions. It's given me a lot of ideas for mixing.

Thanks!

BigRedButton 09-10-2002 11:28 AM

OK, I've remixed (fine tuned) the tracks, mastered them and reposted even higher quality MP3s. Please give em' a spin and let me know what you think!

Quote:

Originally posted by BigRedButton:
I'm finally done with my new CD!

I've posted MP3s of the entire CD on my site, and you can check them out HERE

The following DUC members graciously lent their talents:
Roy Howell - Slide Guitar on Psalm 113 and Trinity
SkipB - Guitar Swells on Overwhelmed and clean Gtr on Psalm 113
Paul Curtis - Guitar (hollow body Bigsby tremolo stuff) on Beautiful Jesus
Kevin Ludwig - Keyboards on Higher

You guys did an amazing job, and I am in your debt!!!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">