Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Can't select MIDI Notes after Quantizing them in 2022.6 [PT-289219] (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420833)

take77 07-13-2022 08:03 PM

Re: 2022.6 MIDI Quantize/Selection Weirdness BUG

Does this bug occur when using the newly added MIDI features: "Quantize MIDI events via key command without needing to open the Event Operations Window & Quantize can “Follow Bars|Beats Grid"?

I just read the release info again and thought: Maybe the new way works and only using the other Event Operation options are bugged??

Since "Quantize Enhancement" is one of the recent focuses maybe a priority fix is soon to follow.

take77 07-14-2022 12:01 AM

Update:

Following the instructions for the two new quantize features documented in the "What's New in 2022.6", I'm able to quantize at any note value selected in the green Grid/Note value section without being affected by the bug. (PC/W10)

See What's New in 2022.6 "Quantize Enhancements" section.

Or try these steps:

1. Go to Event*>Event Operations>Event Operations Window

2. Employ the new "Follow Bars|Beats Grid option" and close the dialogue.

3. Enable the Grid (green button) and choose the grid note value to quantize at.

4. Press Command+Option+0 (Mac) or Control+Alt+0 (Windows) to carry out quantize.

I tried this with both a MIDI drum library loop and a manually created clip/pattern in both Grid & Slip mode.

Was successfully able to quantize at all listed note values in the Grid value drop down + select, move and change note duration without issue so far.

*Just one of the listed options

Tubthumper 07-14-2022 05:06 PM

Re: Effective (RTM) Solution to recent MIDI Quantize Bug? - See: What's New in 2022.6

Nice work Mike, I'll check this out ASAP.

take77 07-15-2022 01:11 AM

Re: Effective Solution (RTM) to recent MIDI Quantize Bug? See: What's New in 2022.6

Thanks. I hope it works for you and the others having quantize issues!

Dizzi45Z 07-15-2022 02:17 PM

It doesn't matter how I quantize the issue is there no matter which approach I use (my video on the original post shows me using the new hotkeys).

Great Divide Studios 07-15-2022 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z (Post 2641222)
Okay, so MIDI is definitely messed up for me in 2022.6 and I've seen a couple other people post in other threads that they are having the exact same issues. I'm not exactly sure what causes it, but I often see it happen right after I quantize MIDI.

Big Sur: 11.6
Mac Pro (2019) 160 GB RAM
Pro Tools 2022.6

After quantizing, I am unable to select notes, only trim them. When I trim them, they often duplicate. All of these strange issues are best seen in this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOhy..._channel=DaveZ

Yep, here as well on 2019 Mac Pro, Monterey 12.4

Great Divide Studios 07-15-2022 02:44 PM

Re: Effective Solution (RTM) to recent MIDI Quantize Bug? See: What's New in 2022.6

I never quantized my midi performance, but I did consolidate the edits and now I cannot audition or change velocity on the notes, but I can trim them. Very frustrating.

I did try selecting the"Follow bars and beats grid" as you suggested, but no workie.

Thanks,

Jamie

take77 07-15-2022 06:37 PM

Sorry to hear this. Looks like the issue goes beyond just the quantize features and happens when carrying out other editing tasks as well. Thanks for letting us know your findings.

jlf37 07-16-2022 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Divide Studios (Post 2642069)
Yep, here as well on 2019 Mac Pro, Monterey 12.4

I *think* I have a fix (at least on Mac.) I’m on a Mac Pro OS Monterey 12.4.

After updating Sharing & Permissions, Disk Permissions and Accessibility Permissions for Pro Tools, I am now 72 hours with no MIDI editing bugs (at least the bugs specific to this thread.)

- Go to Applications > Pro Tools > Right Click > Get Info
- Under Sharing & Permissions
- Make sure that all users have 'Read & Write' Permission

Then check Disk and Accessibility permissions.
- Go to Apple Menu > System Preference > Security & Privacy
- Unlock from the Bottom left and enter your password
- Make sure that Pro Tools is added and enabled under the following: Microphone, Accessibility, Full Disk Access

Hopefully this works.

grayter1 07-18-2022 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlf37 (Post 2642172)
I *think* I have a fix (at least on Mac.) I’m on a Mac Pro OS Monterey 12.4.

After updating Sharing & Permissions, Disk Permissions and Accessibility Permissions for Pro Tools, I am now 72 hours with no MIDI editing bugs (at least the bugs specific to this thread.)

- Go to Applications > Pro Tools > Right Click > Get Info
- Under Sharing & Permissions
- Make sure that all users have 'Read & Write' Permission

Then check Disk and Accessibility permissions.
- Go to Apple Menu > System Preference > Security & Privacy
- Unlock from the Bottom left and enter your password
- Make sure that Pro Tools is added and enabled under the following: Microphone, Accessibility, Full Disk Access

Just tried this and it worked. My setting were mostly good, but I had to:
- set all users to 'Read & Write'
- Add PT under the Accessibility menu

Everything else was set according to your list and I could not replicate the problem as I could before changing those settings.

tg