Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Ruben_B 08-30-2004 09:45 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Hi bigbubbaj,
I really liked the Dan Walker tracks. The guitar does sound really great. Thanks also for the breakdown of info. on how you did the recording. Did you have any phasing issues using all those mics.?
I have never known much about the Apex 435 mic. How much of the guitar sound quality would you credit to the 435?? I also do a lot of acoustic/classical guitar music and might consider adding it to my collection. I did a quick search, $79, is that price for real??

Cheers,
Ruben

bigbubbaj 08-31-2004 06:04 AM

Quote:

Hi bigbubbaj,
I really liked the Dan Walker tracks.

THANKS!
Quote:

The guitar does sound really great. Thanks also for the breakdown of info. on how you did the recording. Did you have any phasing issues using all those mics.?

Not really, I kept them less than 3 feet apart, and the angles of the capsules were positioned with phase issues in mind

Quote:

I have never known much about the Apex 435 mic. How much of the guitar sound quality would you credit to the 435?? I also do a lot of acoustic/classical guitar music and might consider adding it to my collection. I did a quick search, $79, is that price for real??

I would say that 95% of the guitar sound is attributable to the 435s. IntelDoc has used them with the same success. I got them at musiciansbuy.com for 69.95 each.

Thanks for listening

Gene Backlin 08-31-2004 06:23 AM

Quote:

Thanks for Autumn Leaves, very nice! That girl has a gorgeous voice.

Thanks scottedog, she really does !

I have to share one more from that night, this one sends chills down my back.

I hope you enjoy !

http://s94545301.onlinehome.us/music/05_SingHigh.mp3

Take Care,
Gene

Aussie169 08-31-2004 06:32 AM

Quote:

Also I remixed and tweaked the vox and now they sound all warm and cozy. I like them a bunch!Dan Walker - Remixed

Yeah, that's much better. Still has the hyped top end sound, but that's the mic, and possibly the Presonus too. At least now it has some guts. Well done.

CozmoXP 08-31-2004 08:57 AM

Quote:

Yeah how did I get to your songs, I forgot. Saw your site, the song sounded indeed a bitty psychnautical. Did you make more songs on acid? Very experimental, yet different style than Ummagumma from Pink Floyd. I have used LSD some times but have never been able to do anything with my computer those moments. Too much freakin'
Walther

Actually I had taken a few mushrooms at the time. I was a bit tweaked out but still able to function hehe. Don't try this at home kids.

bigbubbaj 08-31-2004 12:16 PM

Thank you Aussie!

Ruben_B 08-31-2004 07:11 PM

Hi bigbubbaj,
thanks again for all the info.
Ive made a few calls to retailers here in Australia but a lot of them arnt selling the Apex 435's. Ive got an uncle coming from the states in November, do you know if the mics. would work here or if they run on different power specs.

Cheers,
Ruben

Roy Howell 08-31-2004 08:34 PM

Hi Gene,
'Sing High'...nice.....really good guitar sound too...love the clarity of those strings. Good job!
-Roy

bigbubbaj 08-31-2004 09:43 PM

Same phantom power I think.....

scottedog 08-31-2004 10:26 PM

Gene,

Nice! I could listen to that girl sing all day. Have you done anything in the studio with them?