Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Bastiaan 12-28-2001 04:57 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

i love mics and so on! I will go into the studio tomorrow and record some stuff the oldfashined way. But the mix in PT ofcourse [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Bastiaan

Lethargy 12-28-2001 05:08 PM

Hey,
I'd be curious to see what everyone thinks of this... It's something I've recorded a while ago but never got around to actually mixing it for the band until recently. It's in the pop/punk/rock vein I guess you could say... Anyway, here's the link, and any constructive comments, criticism, etc is by all means welcome. And hopefully this link works...

Mike
http://www.myplay.com/mp/locker/trac...ame&vw=&mode=0

da BaSsTaRd! 12-28-2001 06:48 PM

your link doesn't work....

Roy Howell 12-28-2001 07:49 PM

Hogleg,

I enjoyed your stuff, and when I saw your question, "Damn, doesn't anybody just set up mics for drums, gtrs and vocals anymore?"
As a composer, I've found that these samples, loops, engineering techniques help me create better music, and that's what it's all about. I can always come back to where I've been, and feel at home.

But, I would love to see you guys live some time, and I sure would love to sit in witcha sometime...

Thanks, Roy

GP 12-29-2001 12:13 AM

Roy, excellent work on "Dance Away Lover". Hey, I noticed a few things at the intro...iZotope vinyl, and a track in there I've heard before. Can't quite put a finger on it though. Are you using GigaStudio? If so, I recently bought it(for christmas) and need some help getting it to work right.
Hope you had a great christmas holiday... may the new year bring a fresh and exciting start for all of us! HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!
Regards, Michael "GP" Scott [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

soundsurfr 12-29-2001 06:11 AM

Billt -

Thanks - glad you liked the tune. The guitars were miked directly into the digi 001 mic-pre's using an AKG414 (really sweet mike for acoustic guitars, then routed out to a dbx166 compressor and a bbe sonic maximizer(aural exciter)and back into the digi. The drums are acid loops!

GP - I just got a gigasampler recently and boy is it a royal pain in the neck to use with PTLE!!! Even though it shows up as a midi port in PT, I have not been able to trigger it directly from Pro Tools. Instead, I have to use a different editing program, create the tracks and record the Gigasampler through a second sound card as an audio track in Pro Tools. Not an acceptable way of working. There's a thread on this somewhere in the forum that might help, or maybe we can e-mail and compare notes.

Soundsurfr
www.soundsurfr.com
[email protected]

da BaSsTaRd! 12-29-2001 07:41 AM

soundsurfer, just checked out your stuff... nice for a saturday morning... i like that albert song a lot...

Roy Howell 12-29-2001 09:39 AM

yep, soundsurfr's stuff is great, no doubt...

nny462 12-29-2001 05:55 PM

Hey, I just finished recording a full length album with my digi 001. There are some clips in the "Listen" section of my site, www.epoch.2ya.com - please ignore the live songs, those were recorded with the soundman's gear at a recent show. "Time Again" was the first full song I ever recorded, so it might not be as high in quality as the others, but I've mixed it for hours and it came out ok. If anyone is interested in hearing the full album, it will be available on the site in a few weeks, it is currently being pressed. Please view the page w/ internet explorer, it donsen't work well with netscape. It's being redone in flash as we speak and will be updated shortly for all browsers. Thanks - Jon

soundsurfr 12-29-2001 07:23 PM

Jon (nny462) - I just listened to your stuff. I'm not a seasoned listener to the kind of music you guys do, but I think the mix is good. The stereo separation is good which, for an MP3 file is saying a lot, and the vocals seem to be sitting in the right place. (That's one of the hardest things to get right). Nice job, man.

Mark Knecht - I listened to the two versions of the song you posted. I'm almost ALWAYS partial to a live drum track over looped or sequenced drums, but I gotta tell ya, I had a hard time deciding which track I liked better. Not to take anything away from the drummer, he did a great job, but the song kind of lends itself to a loop-generated atmosphere. Either way, cool!

Soundsurfr

www.soundsurfr.com