Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mbox2 Mini ongoing problem - NO control panel (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=320822)

Adwel 04-07-2012 09:35 PM

Mbox2 Mini ongoing problem - NO control panel / Sample Rate error

Long story short.

When I have my M-Audio Venom keyboard (v 5.10.0.5142) connected to my PC and load Pro Tools (PT 8.0.5, Mbox2 Mini). I get the following error mssg:

"The ASIO sample rate is not supported by one of the USB interfaces! Please check your sync settings in the control panel."

After much research, I want to access the Mbox2 control panel by going to Hardware and Sound in my Windows control panel to ensure it is using the ASIO driver referenced.

I however cannot do this since the control panel for the Mbox2 is non existent and not displayed there. I can go into my Device Manager and see that the Mbox2 is listed, and with what appears to be the most current version (9.0.2.65)....yet I have NO control panel...

Instead of getting extreme and reinstalling things...can someone PLEASE offer a way I can find out what sound driver my PC is using and also what PT's may see my sound card is using for a driver?

Or a quick way to simply get the control panel back again?

HUGE thanks as I just spent nearly all evening simply researching this madness and got NOTHING recorded...

:(

Adwel 04-07-2012 10:58 PM

Re: ~~****~~! Mbox2 Mini ongoing problem - NO control panel

45 views, no responses...

/wrist, heh

Dism 04-08-2012 12:35 AM

Hmm, I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think you can use the Venom and Mbox at the same time with Pro Tools 8 (or possibly not at all on Windows since it doesn't support Aggregate I/O).

At least, there's nothing in the user guide that would suggest otherwise. If you're using the Venom via USB, then it's probably not allowing the MBox to be seen by Pro Tools (and is probably what Windows is seeing, too).

Adwel 04-08-2012 03:26 AM

Thanks for the reply Dism.

I do already know that I can use my Mbox2 mini and my Venom at the same time. Via USB from venom straight to PC and using Mbox2 mini into Pro Tools 8.0.5 running Windows 7, Service Pack 1.

I used to be able to use my Venom as a straight up synth and as a MIDI device, however I was trouble shooting a different problem and in that process, created a new one (/swallows grenade).

As I was trying to solve my error message in bold (which only manifested itself negatively with timing issues I suspected and researched), I deleted my MIDI instrument out of the MIDI>MIDI Studio area. When I attempted to re-create it, I have no idea what to select for the In and Out and dont believe I have as many options as previously. I also believe I had more options in the other MIDI Clock section (I only connect 1 usb or MIDI "instrument").

So now, I cant get my Synth to play straight Venom sounds through PT (which I could less than an hour before trouble shooting the sample rate issue), however I can get it to be used as MIDI device now. I DO, HOWEVER still get the sample rate error MULTIPLE times while loading PT and do NOT see the ASIO driver icon below in my taskbar as I do when I have FL Studio open and it shows me switch to it!!!!...

This leads me right back to the dang Mbox2 Mini Control panel's absence....and my inability to access it to change to the ASIO driver as I'm told I could there..

Sorry for the length, but I think this explains things much more.

Anyone?

Adwel 04-08-2012 03:29 AM

Or also, if anyone knows how I can manually force the driver in action manually upon request..I guess.. /shrug

Adwel 04-08-2012 06:10 PM

Anyone? Pretty please?

:(

Dism 04-08-2012 06:41 PM

Your best options at this point would be to reinstall the mbox 2 driver and/or Pro Tools.

Reinstalling Pro Tools is a pretty painless process and shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes. You won't have to reinstall any plugins and will most likely solve your driver issues.

Top Jimmy 04-08-2012 07:04 PM

The only way top access the interface applet is via the setup in either Pro Tools, or whatever ASIO compatible software you are using. The reason you don't see an ASIO indication when using Pro Tools is because PT uses the DAE driver for the MBox, not the ASIO one.

Try unplugging the Venom and then running Pro Tools to straighten out your issue and then see if you can patch the Venom in again.

Edit: On second thought, did you really get two interfaces to work with Pro Tools 8 at the same time? The Venom will only work with the M-Powered version of PT8 and not PT-LE 8 while the Mbox 2 will only work with PT-LE 8 and not M-Powered.

Dism 04-08-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 1920148)
Edit: On second thought, did you really get two interfaces to work with Pro Tools 8 at the same time? The Venom will only work with the M-Powered version of PT8 and not PT-LE 8 while the Mbox 2 will only work with PT-LE 8 and not M-Powered.

That's what I thought, too...

Adwel 04-09-2012 01:01 AM

I sure did and without event.

I was able to play it as a straight up synth through my mbox2 and PT and was even able to "hear" it live while playing through the studio speakers that my mbox is attached to.

I was also able to use it as a straight up MIDI device as well.

I get your suspicions, but yeah, confirmed was able to perform both of these tasks.

Im hesitant about the reinstall just because the last time I did the reinstall, I also was not able to find a control panel icon for my Mbox2 Mini in Sound Hardware etc.

My very first install ever of PT I actually had 3 devices in the windows control panel...unfortunately none of the control panels were for my specific Mbox2 Mini and were instead other Control surfaces/interfaces....

UGH..