Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack GUI in PT11 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=348282)

SeattleHD 12-14-2013 03:57 PM

Eleven Rack GUI in PT11

My first post ever, so forgive me if this is a worn out topic, or expired, or already amply posted elsewhere -- I looked around and couldn't find it, so:

Does anyone have any inside info on whether Avid will be updating to enable Eleven Rack's GUI to work in PT11 as it does in PT10? The only answers I seem to see are along the lines of "not at this time." Should I figure on it EVER happening? And if yes, someday, is it likely to be within a week, month, year, decade, or ?? I fully get that customers get irritated when their expectations aren't met (thus the invention of "under-promise, over-deliver") -- but customers also get irritated if they've invested money in gear and then get zero information on whether there's any hope for it to continue working forward. Does Avid have a "making customers feel happy" department? :cool:

Can anyone give a wink or a nod toward any info on this? Thanks.

Darryl Ramm 12-14-2013 04:45 PM

Re: Eleven Rack GUI in PT11

Avid simply does not pre-announce things. So the chance of anybody in the know responding to your question is very slim/next to nothing. Those that do know won't say, and those that might say would likely just be speculating.

SeattleHD 12-15-2013 12:46 PM

Thank you Darryl. I'll keep the faith [that they will create a 64bit gui for 11r] and motor on.

MadisonV44 12-16-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleHD (Post 2111594)
but customers also get irritated if they've invested money in gear and then get zero information on whether there's any hope for it to continue working forward.

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2111604)
Avid simply does not pre-announce things

Totaly agree, it's a question of strategy vs concurrence and this is completely understandable in case of major release.

But ... in this particular case we are not speaking about plans, we are just speaking about an issue (software regression between version 10 and 11).
Everybody going on the Avid's Eleven Rack page putting himself in a new client shoes will notice that the edition interface is everywhere from the screenshots to videos.

Personaly I decided to migrate to 11R because I naively thought it was better from an integration point of view with the next 64 bit gen of PT11.
Today's result: i'm stuck in the Avid's glue without edition interface for PT, without any explanation.

By the way, even if I do love how this unit sounds, the lack of communication on Eleven Rack (globally none since dec 2012) becomes a big concern for 11R community.

SeattleHD 12-17-2013 05:09 PM

I agree. Even though avid never pre-announces, it still makes business sense for them to attempt some level of "relationship" with loyal customers. Does anyone know if there is a particular section of the duc where avid reads and considers posts? I could go post the topic there. What strikes me as weird is, all they'd have to say to keep guys like me in their pocket is, "we are excited about bringing the 11r GUI to HD11, and are actively working on it. We anticipate releasing it within the next three years". Instead we get treated like we have no value. It would even be reasonable if they said "the 11r will continue to work, but we won't be making an hd11 GUI ever." At least then we' d know.

Sam C 12-18-2013 06:28 PM

I thought it was mentioned in a post at one point a few months ago that Avid planned to get the Eleven Rack GUI working in PT 11. Seems like the poster mentioned first would come the ability to load set ups from the computer and soon after a fully functional GUI.

Was I dreaming?

Benoni 12-19-2013 02:36 PM

For now you need to stick with Pro Tools 10 if you want to use the on-screen editor.

Avid has said in the past that they are aware of the issue with Pro Tools 11.

From what I have heard the Eleven Rack team would like to find a solution. Other than that, Avid will not say anything publicly.

kelco83 12-19-2013 07:28 PM

You know, if they can't get it to work because of some unforeseen thing, I can understand that. Would be a great reason to revise the 11 rack and release an updated unit.

Becharax 12-20-2013 01:15 AM

I remember reading that Pro Tools 11.0.3 Did fix this issue .... you can read it in the released notes .... what went wrong ?

Sam C 12-20-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Bechara (Post 2113308)
I remember reading that Pro Tools 11.0.3 Did fix this issue .... you can read it in the released notes .... what went wrong ?

11.03 allows you to load from computer. This was new but is not what everyone wants.

Why in the world would they not be better prepared for this?