Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   No License Sent to iLok Account (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=339968)

Noxmancer 06-16-2013 09:06 AM

No License Sent to iLok Account

Yesterday I purchased an M-Audio M-Track Plus and received Pro Tools Express.

1. Installed Pro Tools from the CD.

2. Downloaded iLok Device Manager and made an account.

3. Plugged in my iLok and registered it to the iLok Device Manager.

4. Made an Avid account and put in my User Name for iLok at the end so it would send the license to my iLok account.

So far no license is showing up on my iLok account (the website or my device manager). I feel like I've hit a brick wall and I'm super frustrated trying to figure out what to do. Any help would be appreciated and if you need more info just let me know. Super frustrated at this point :(

Top Jimmy 06-16-2013 10:11 AM

Re: No License Sent to iLok Account

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noxmancer (Post 2048240)
2. Downloaded iLok Device Manager and made an account.

4. Made an Avid account and put in my User Name for iLok at the end so it would send the license to my iLok account.

So you made two accounts? Did you send the license to the correct account?

EDIT: Sorry my pre-coffee brain somehow couldn't distinguish between Avid and iLok. :D

Buttdialed by me & Tapatalk

guatamas 06-16-2013 10:17 AM

I believe your situation may be related to the issues ilok.com is receiving. It may take some time since they recently moved to new services and migrated data across new networks. Give it some time, and you still haven't received a license, post back here and someone from Avid might be able to help.

This may also help

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...-problems.html

Noxmancer 06-16-2013 02:13 PM

Oh man thank you sooooooo much. I have been going crazy over this. Hopefully it will work out soon.

Noxmancer 06-19-2013 12:58 PM

Ugh 5 Days and still no license showing up.

phumbelino 06-19-2013 09:22 PM

Hi, Noxmancer.
I'm facing that same problem; bought a m-track, installed everything and the license don't show up on my account on ilok.com. They have appeared in License Manager, but when I try to put them in my ilok, shows a message error because don't find them in my Ilok account.

Top Jimmy 06-19-2013 11:22 PM

For both of you, I would chase this issue from both ends. You don't need to pay anything to get customer service with Avid. http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation

I would also bark up the tree at the iLok site in case the issue is on their end.

Noxmancer 06-20-2013 06:55 PM

Thanks Top Jimmy! I really appreciate the suggestion and link! I filled it out so hopefully I will hear something soon! I'll just keep messing around with Ignite until then! Thanks!

Shelikesjazz 06-20-2013 11:29 PM

I feel your pain my friend. My Mbox pro 3 came with the ilok 2 and pro tools 10/11. I followed all the installation steps. The first time I plugged in my ilok it worked. The second time I plugged it in pro tools said the ilok wasn't plugged in (when it was). I checked the ilok manager and it said 0/1 activations. The ilok says I have 0 licenses but is full to capacity. I've emailed ilok 8 times and PACE to no avail. It's been 4 days and I still haven't been able to record. At this point I feel like I've been royally screwed by ilok and avid. It sucks. I will not be recommending any avid product that requires an ilok until they get these issues resolved. :( :mad: :eek:

crizdee 06-20-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelikesjazz (Post 2049749)
I feel your pain my friend. My Mbox pro 3 came with the ilok 2 and pro tools 10/11. I followed all the installation steps. The first time I plugged in my ilok it worked. The second time I plugged it in pro tools said the ilok wasn't plugged in (when it was). I checked the ilok manager and it said 0/1 activations. The ilok says I have 0 licenses but is full to capacity. I've emailed ilok 8 times and PACE to no avail. It's been 4 days and I still haven't been able to record. At this point I feel like I've been royally screwed by ilok and avid. It sucks. I will not be recommending any avid product that requires an ilok until they get these issues resolved. :( :mad: :eek:

Hi,

I woukd try trashing the prefs for ilok/ Pace/ interlock. Anything to do with ilok etc. from your user, librari, prefs folder, repair disk permissions. reboot and then run the new ilok manager installer again.

Now plug your ilok in and see if it works again.

Chris