Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   HD Native + Lynx hilo + HD IO + 192 IO + HD Sync (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=419122)

leoaudio13 03-01-2022 07:58 AM

HD Native + Lynx hilo + HD IO + 192 IO + HD Sync

5 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I'm using Hd Native PCIe with configuration as below :
- HD Sync as Master Loop sync , receiving clock master from Hilo.

- HD IO (16 analog in - 16 analog out ) on port 1 using mini digilink ( long cable from Avid ) , 192 IO ( 8 analog in - 8 analog out - 8 AES ) to expansion port on HD IO
- Hilo on Port 2 via LT-HD card.

The problem : with above config, HD IO, 192 IO and Hilo recognized fine in PT Ultimate 2021.7.0 with A , B and C respectively. However, when I sent a tone from 192 IO and route it back to the same 192 IO I can see the output/in LED shown on the interface but no signal is shown in Pro Tools.
As in attched pictures, I'm trying to route from output 1 of 192 IO back to Input 2 on 192 IO. LED meter showing signal present but in PT , nothing! HD IO, Lynx receive signals just fine! Very weird!

Please help!

albee1952 03-01-2022 08:27 AM

Re: HD Native + Lynx hilo + HD IO + 192 IO + HD Sync

This may be no help, but....
1-some screen shots are a bit too fuzzy for me to really grasp everything.
2-is there a problem with recording any of the available inputs(not sure I understand what your real issue is)
3-what happens if you change connections so Lynx is on the HD IO Expansion port and the 192 is off the second card port?
4-are you currently only using analog IO? Setting up the digital paths can be quite non-intuitive.
5-what happens if you remove the Lynx from the setup?
6-"I'm trying to route from output 1 of 192 IO back to Input 2 on 192 IO"-routing how? Analog or thru Pro Tools routing?

leoaudio13 03-01-2022 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2629023)
This may be no help, but....
1-some screen shots are a bit too fuzzy for me to really grasp everything.
2-is there a problem with recording any of the available inputs(not sure I understand what your real issue is)
3-what happens if you change connections so Lynx is on the HD IO Expansion port and the 192 is off the second card port?
4-are you currently only using analog IO? Setting up the digital paths can be quite non-intuitive.
5-what happens if you remove the Lynx from the setup?
6-"I'm trying to route from output 1 of 192 IO back to Input 2 on 192 IO"-routing how? Analog or thru Pro Tools routing?

Thank you for your reply.

is there a problem with recording any of the available inputs(not sure I understand what your real issue is)
My problem is : with my current setup , all Physical Analog ins and outs are recognized in PT. However, When I do devices calibration, only Lynx and HD IO receive signals while doing input calibration ( routing outputs to inputs ). With the 192 IO, there is outputs and inputs showing on the interface and I can even measure 1.227 volts on the physical output of the 192 ( Normal patchbay ) but I cant seem to have signal showing in Pro Tools meters.

what happens if you change connections so Lynx is on the HD IO Expansion port and the 192 is off the second card port?

Doing this interfaces can also recognized but pressing play PT showed error : there is a problem with clocking or HW buffer, increase blah blah...

are you currently only using analog IO? Setting up the digital paths can be quite non-intuitive.
I'm setting up for HW insert mixing ITB

what happens if you remove the Lynx from the setup?
I will try that and report back

"I'm trying to route from output 1 of 192 IO back to Input 2 on 192 IO"-routing how? Analog or thru Pro Tools routing?
My current setup : all ins - outs of HD IO and 192 IO brought to TT patchbay, all Normal. I was routing output from 192 IO back to its own input for signal calibration. HD IO worked just fine, but 192 didnt.

leoaudio13 03-01-2022 08:56 AM

Take Lynx Hilo out of chain, I can have inputs coming into Pro Tools from the 192 IO . I just tried. So what is culprit here ? :confused:

albee1952 03-01-2022 01:14 PM

Hmmm, this might be something that got unintentionally broken since the 192 stopped getting any support. While Avid have said(many times) that they will not intentionally break the 192, this might be something you(and I) will have to live with. As long as audio is going everywhere it needs to go, I wouldn't worry much about the calibration(and it would be pretty simple to use an external sound source to check for discrepancies between the 192 and your other interfaces). Wish I could offer more, but not having the same set of hardware means I can't replicate your method:o Maybe someone else can offer some insight:rolleyes:

leoaudio13 03-04-2022 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2629053)
Hmmm, this might be something that got unintentionally broken since the 192 stopped getting any support. While Avid have said(many times) that they will not intentionally break the 192, this might be something you(and I) will have to live with. As long as audio is going everywhere it needs to go, I wouldn't worry much about the calibration(and it would be pretty simple to use an external sound source to check for discrepancies between the 192 and your other interfaces). Wish I could offer more, but not having the same set of hardware means I can't replicate your method:o Maybe someone else can offer some insight:rolleyes:

Thank you Sir! I know it is painful!