Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

IntelDoc 07-31-2003 02:23 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Arctop,
Shoud be fixed now.... Saved them wrong..
Try it now and tell me...
-Doc

da BaSsTaRd! 07-31-2003 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cavell:
So, without further ado: Egg Basket !!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">awesome! love it... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

great performance and great recording.

badperson 07-31-2003 04:54 AM

Chris, the standard is "That Old Feeling."

Nice playing, and nice sound. The piano could use more highs, I think, something about it sounds muffled to me, but it's probably a much better sound than I'd get, so bear the source in mind when listening to criticism from me. The bass and drums have great blend, a warm live sound.

Nice work.

IntelDoc, I liked both of your selections. You seem to get a consistent polished, clear sounding mix. What are you using for pre's? Are you using the 001, or 002?
thanks.

bp

IntelDoc 07-31-2003 05:35 AM

Badperson,
There is a link below my name with my setup.
I use the digi002 with the Presonus Digimax LT. I also have Waves Platinum, BombFactory, and Some Antares stuff. The MeKong song, I did not track, but was able to enhance for my friend in PT. As for my "wanker" guitar playing that was direct with the MesBoogie Studio Preamp and some other effects in the chain. (Ada MicroCab 2, BBE, etc)

Thanks for the compliments! I am learning! :-)

-Doc

Chris Cavell 07-31-2003 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by archtop:
Chris

wow, nice open airy REAL sounding mix.

now that your broadband ,we will be needing pic's of your castle/palace/Record Plant [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

did you check out my previous post

PUG

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for the compliments Arch. I just tried your link and it didn't work. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks to all for their comments and compliments. I never would have guessed you guys to like the "realistic" sounding stuff I do. By the way, the piano went through the 002's pre's, and everybody else went through an original digimax. I wish I'd known I was going to use so few of my tracks. I'd probably have tracked at 96 if I could have seen into the future at the time. Thsi session was really an experiment to see how my 002 and all my "cheap" pre's sounded compared to our TDM system at this place. I think it sounds better than anything I've recorded on the TDM system. Once I started mixing, I really decided to toss out all the fluff tracks and go for something simple and sweet, like the Norah Jones album.

Once again thanks for all the compliments. Now that I'm broadband, I look forward to listening to more of everyone's stuff.

-Chris
[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Gene Backlin 07-31-2003 07:33 AM

Hey Chris,

Thanks for Egg Basket, great recording and super performance !

Nothin' like good music !

Take Care,
Gene

bjoneill74 07-31-2003 08:00 AM

Chris,

This recording sounds great.

Thanks

archtop 07-31-2003 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cavell:
Arch. I just tried your link and it didn't work. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

-Chris
[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">very finicky link indeed.
it works for me somtime's ? PUG

Chris Cavell 07-31-2003 08:47 AM

This is what it said when I tried it this time:

Quote:

The requested resource is currently locked. The lock must be released or proper identification given before the method can be applied.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Chris Cavell 07-31-2003 08:57 AM

Wow, Arch, not exactly the kind of tune I expected with a name like Archtop!

I must say, that's really superb mixing. Everything is very clear and distinguishable. My only recommendation would be for the drummer to get a good set of Evans heads and burn all of his remos and gels. The toms lack tone, but you track what's there. I think you really did an excellent job. Perhaps a producer on that tune could help with some arranging and synthwork to perhaps make it a bit more "radio-friendly" (i.e. general public friendly).

Overall Arch, I give it two thumbs up. The page is super finicky though, I consider myself lucky to have even managed to listen to it.