Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

xprod77 06-02-2003 10:20 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Quote:

i checked it out. i like that filter thing you got going on. i wasn't able to smooth out my filters very well. you gotta let me know how you did that. [/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's all about the Radium...that's the only reason I got it. For the knobs and faders! It's so easy to do well timed sweeps compared to a mouse.

X

Roy Howell 06-02-2003 10:32 PM

jlee462,
Very cool song... it churns. I like everything that's going on in this piece. The vocal is very good, though I agree that it could come up just enough to understand your lyrics. But, good job, man... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
~Roy

Roy Howell 06-02-2003 10:55 PM

xprod77,
Just checked it out...very nice in the phones, interesting panning and filter stuff happening. What is the organ sound or is it part of a loop?...I love those chords. Thanks for the listen...-Roy

Nippamuk 06-02-2003 11:10 PM

Roy, I can load the song if I right-click and "Save target as". Otherwise, I'm having some problems with the site. I'll have to give the hamsters a booster on their steroid shots.
Maybe... too many people are trying to download it at once keheheheheheh..... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Roy Howell 06-03-2003 12:10 AM

Captain Ben,
Sounds good. Some of those sounds are very interesting... what keyboards/software are you using for this one?.........thanks, Roy

Roy Howell 06-03-2003 02:10 PM

otto,
Hey man, these are really good songs, and I like the rawness of the productions. What kind of guitar is this (very cool), and where are you guys? By the way, 'freaks' and 'cold way out' are my favorites......... thanks, Roy

8mmOverdose 06-03-2003 07:26 PM

ok, first i have to say over the last few days i listened to the songs on the last 3 pages of this thread, and i think everyone is doing a great job. you really need to check this thread daily in order to keep up with the new songs, and i havent posted here in quite awhile. i have been tracking several projects for what seems like forever, but not mixing any of them. sooooo, with that said, here is a rough mix of one of these songs called rebecca. we still need to a few more tracks to it, but here it is anyway.

http://basstardz.dhs.org/DUC/DUC_MUS...se/rebecca.m3u

Captain_Pants 06-03-2003 10:59 PM

Roy Roy Roy, Thanks for the listen, sorry for the delay in feedback, been busy with work.

This song, I actually attained all the basic sounds from my Triton, but I did a lot of outboard processing on them. Like for instance, on the Chorus, I ran the extra drum track through an external fuzz pedal for that kind of dirty sound. The Piano I reversed it, then ran it through a reverb of some kind, the reversed it again to give it that "building up" kinda sound, and then I Time Comp'd it to 1/4 and then Time Expanded it by 4times to "digitalize" it, or basicaly just turn my nice waves into blocks.

Hope that shed some light on some things.
Thanks again.
=-ben

otto 06-03-2003 11:32 PM

heya Roy,
i'm from Australia (Victoria).
Glad you like the tracks - was actually my first go at recording drums. I really wanted the songs to sound like they didn't come out of protools.

It's interesting that you like the sound of the guitars - this was commented on as a weakness by some in other forums.
The guitars are a combination of my Yamaha Pacifica (with some single coil pickups from an old les paul lookalike) and my Rickenbacker 330 (which I haven't had for too long - was mainly used on "angel"). Amps used in various parts were a peavy classic and a marshall valvestate (both miced with sm57 through mindprint envoice).

I've also checked out a few of your songs - love your sound and style

cheers
otto

soundsurfr 06-04-2003 05:40 AM

Couple of recent TV themes:

www.soundsurfr.com/TV.htm