Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Change Instrument (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=303333)

Johnains 06-25-2011 07:31 AM

Change Instrument

Just bought the iPad app and tried to change instrument in one of the free examples that came with it (Elgar String Quartet) but there are no alternatives shown in the list that opens when I choose "Change Instrument". Can you help, please?:-)

Sam.Butler 06-28-2011 07:30 AM

Re: Change Instrument

Hi Johnains,

This looks OK to me in that score. With odd things like this, where lists aren't populated, try restarting the app, or even the iPad.

This will reset everything and hopefully resolve it for you.

Sam

Colinwest 07-12-2011 11:38 AM

I saw this problem too, but it seems to have disappeared. More serious is a problem that I found when I tried changing a Tenor to an oboe (don't ask why!) When I changed back, the tenor staff was transposed up an octave and could not be corrected without reloading the score.

Sam.Butler 07-13-2011 02:47 AM

Hi Colinwest,

To reset this, you can delete the score and re-download it from your Purchases or re-open it from iTunes, Dropbox or email etc. and that will reopen the score with the defaults again.

We're hoping to add a feature to reset everything that will basically put the score back to its original state rather than trying to remember what was there before, which is what Scorch is trying to do now.

Sam

ajp3 12-13-2011 03:12 AM

Hi Sam, thanks for your help on this forum. I'm wondering what you'll think of the problem I'm having:

I can't highlight both staves of a "piano" score to change instruments. actually, it's a marimba score in Sibelius, & it uses the proper playback sound on my mac; so I'm not sure why Scorch on my ipad changes the playback sound to piano to begin with, but the fact that I can't change the entire part to marimba is extremely annoying. I can change the individual staves, & this would be acceptable (although not as efficient, of course), however, when I change instruments to marimba in the "bass clef part" (in quotations since Scorch has a bug which changes the bass clef staff of a piano score to treble clef) it shifts the part up an octave! ugh.

Hope you guys can help, & thanks!!

EDIT:

Holy Hen. I just restarted Scorch on the ipad (this is NOT the first time I've restarted it tonight), & not only had my changes been saved but the score & part had a proper bass clef staff!! Totally confused now, since I haven't updated Scorch nor restarted the app or ipad since posting with the problem(s). I also didn't mention in my posts that Scorch crashed on me a BUNCH of times when I tried to open my score (it's a very small "score" - only one instrument - so I'd think the file size wouldn't be the issue), so this seems to be a glitchy evening for myself & Scorch... hope you guys can help me get to the bottom of these annoying little mysteries. Thanks for reading my drivel.

Joe Pearson 12-22-2011 08:42 AM

Hello ajp3,

It's impossible to speculate why Scorch is crashing, but, if you like, I can send you some instructions on how to get hold of the crash reports that are generated by iOS. I can then arrange to have these looked at by our development team.

As for the other issues; I suppose it's a case of leaving well alone! Are you still finding that it behaves as normal?

Best wishes,

Joe