Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Pro tools 9 won't load as HD! Have a core card installed and an HD license on Ilok (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=324673)

Blake Henderson 06-27-2012 02:52 PM

Pro tools 9 won't load as HD! Have a core card installed and an HD license on Ilok

Hi all.

I recently upgraded to lion and did a fresh install of my entire system. Now when I open pro tools it loads as Pro Tools 9, where it loaded as PT HD up until now. I no longer have my core card/Apogee Symphony option in the "Current Engine" drop down. Also, I no longer have VCA mixing and Trim Automation. All of my sessions are forced to coalesce the trim automation into the Volume automation.

What gives!? Any one else have this problem? I've reinstalled PT 3 times and also installed all HD drivers.

help!

blake

jasonthurley 06-27-2012 04:30 PM

Re: Pro tools 9 won't load as HD! Have a core card installed and an HD license on Ilo

Can you sign into your Avid Account? If so and you have PT HD 9 registered, it will allow you to download it from the website... Uninstall the version you have COMPLETELY, then after downloading install the Drivers you need for HD, for MIDI, and for External device... then install the downloaded version...

That should fix it.

Blake Henderson 06-27-2012 05:05 PM

Re: Pro tools 9 won't load as HD! Have a core card installed and an HD license on Ilo

Thanks for the help. I have done that, however. I've installed the 9.0.5"full installer" seevral times in fact, after doing a clean wipe of my drive. No luck. Still only loads as PT 9 without all of the features Ive been using for years.

Damnit.

Craig F 06-27-2012 05:36 PM

if you hold down the N key when launching Pro Tools will it see your HD cards?

Blake Henderson 06-27-2012 06:58 PM

Nope. They don't show up even then.

Craig F 06-27-2012 07:15 PM

so on your iLok do you have the 9 HD combo bundel that has both 9 and 9HD or do you have the separate 9 and 9 HD licences?

Blake Henderson 06-28-2012 10:58 AM

I have the bundle on the ilok.

UPDATE:
Installing the pt10 software (demo) solves the problem and my core card works in that version. Is it possible that My pt9 system is simply not hd, but only pt9? My understanding was that the installer contains both.

Craig F 06-28-2012 11:51 AM

that is my understanding and experience

maybe e-mail iLok and ask if there is some way to test the HD licence for corruption

Blake Henderson 06-29-2012 10:34 AM

Folks, I still have no luck.

I have emailed Ilok and they simply tell me to get intouch with avid. I don't want to spend money to get support from them.

Why is my PT9 install not loading into HD?! I can't use my Core cord or any of my HD features! ITs maddening. Has no one else dealt with this before?

Blake

Blake Henderson 06-29-2012 10:44 AM

UPDATE:

In my ilok account it says "No Iloks found" even after "synchronizing" as well as installing all current ilok software.

Could my Ilok be partly broken? It loads PT9 without a hitch, but not HD.

blake