Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I Need The Digi 002 Service Manual. (Repair guide for 002 Console) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=263143)

Monaco 01-03-2010 03:40 PM

I Need The Digi 002 Service Manual. (Repair guide for 002 Console)

I needs a take apart guide or service manual to disassemble a Digi 002 console. My LEDS are working intermittently and require pressure in order for them to display.

I am a licensed technician with multiple certifications.

albee1952 01-03-2010 09:50 PM

Re: I Need The Digi 002 Service Manual. (Repair guide for 002 Console)

If pressing on them makes them work, it is most likely a cold solder joint. Taking the 002 apart to access the PCB and reflow solder joints shouldn't require a service manual. Not much more involved that swapping a power harness....just take your time, use a clean iron in the 25 watt range(leave that 100 watt Weller gun in the drawer) and use high-quality solder to reflow the joints(and a magnifier for those old eyeballs........like mine:eek:)

Monaco 01-09-2010 08:15 AM

Thanks for the reply, but I still need a service manual or even a homemade take apart guide.

albee1952 01-09-2010 10:52 AM

Turn the unit over on a folded towel and remove the screws around the bottom. Lift slowly so you can look in and disconnect the power supply(2 connectors) and note exactly how they attach(the incoming power connector only has 2 wires). Once you disconnect the PSU, you can set the bottom panel aside. As for the rest of R&R, what you see is what you get, so if you aren't comfortable at this point, I suggest taking it to a service pro as I don't think a manual is going to suddenly make you an expert. If you have basic assembly skills and take decent notes or pics(digital cameras are really handy here) you should be fine(and I have no idea where to find service manuals, but you might google for it).

boabyd23 01-09-2010 11:13 AM

I have a simlar problem with the digi 002, where the right hand side led is humbling up. I have no experience soldering or electrics so where can I get this looked at. Do I need a digi tech or can an experience electrician do it.

Also wat potential costs would be involved .

Thanks

Monaco 12-25-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boabyd23 (Post 1530045)
I have a simlar problem with the digi 002, where the right hand side led is humbling up. I have no experience soldering or electrics so where can I get this looked at. Do I need a digi tech or can an experience electrician do it.

Also wat potential costs would be involved .

Thanks

don't mess with it.
I'm a technician and this thing is a beast. our pals at Avid here used hot glue on the connectors to keep peoplelike us out.