Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Re: Vertical Zoom Key Command (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=141034)

filosofem 07-03-2005 04:57 PM

Re: Vertical Zoom Key Command

Hello All

Can anyone tell me whether there is or not, a Vertical Zoom Key Command?
Within the Display Scale Arrows, you have the Horizontal Zoom button(s), which do have a Key Command (R&T), but as far as I can see, the MIDI and Audio Zoom button(s) (Vertical Zoom) do not. Could someone verify this , and maybe, why they do not?

Thankz

spkguitar 07-03-2005 05:38 PM

Vertical zoom in/out (Audio) Ctrl+Alt+ ] (smaller) Ctrl+Alt+ [ (larger)

Vertical zoom in/out (MIDI) Ctrl+Shift+ ] (smaller) Ctrl+Shift+ [ (larger)

Covered in the Keyboard Shortcuts Guide (also available from the help menu within Pro Tools)

filosofem 07-03-2005 07:25 PM

So it is, thankz Shawn.

Does PT come with a manual.

The Weed 07-05-2005 05:23 PM

Try Alt + Shift + Mouse Scroll Wheel

Cheers,

filosofem 07-05-2005 06:54 PM

Now that's what I'm talking about.
One hand to work the Key Commands and the other working the mouse.

Thank You

The Weed 07-05-2005 07:11 PM

Actually, they added a number of functions if you have a scroll wheel:

Alt + Scroll expands or contracts the waveforms horizontally.

Alt + Shift + Scroll expands or contracts the waveforms vertically.

Shift + Scroll moves the view left or right.

Shift + Ctrl + Scroll moves the view left or right in smaller increments - gives you more control over the left/right scrolling.

Ctrl + Scroll moves the view up or down if you have enough tracks to require that.

One nice thing to have is the button on the scroll wheel programmed for "Delete". Makes it a lot easier than highlighting with the mouse and then moving your right hand off the mouse to hit delete or reaching way across with your left hand to hit delete.

If you have a 5 button mouse, program one thumb button for Alt and you can expand or contract the waveforms horizontally with one hand. A friend of mine has one of his buttons programmed for Nudge since he does a lot of voice/breath editing for commercials.

Cheers,

filosofem 07-05-2005 07:24 PM

Very handy. I don't see the point in taking your hand of the mouse, there should be no reason for it.

Five buttoned mouse, ah. and how do you go about programming your mouse to utilize these functions.

The Weed 07-05-2005 07:36 PM

I've got the MS IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 with v4.2 of the software that runs the mouse. Anything above that took away some of the functions and the ability to have global functions and program-specific functions for the mouse. For instance, I've got "Delete" as the function for the Scroll Wheel Button, but for Internet Explorer it's set for Hold & Scroll. Not sure if the new MS Explorer Mouse with Tilt Wheel will work in PT or if it will work with v4.2 software. Perhaps MS has seen the light and put back the functions in later versions of the Mouse software, not sure. Others have had success with Logitech or Kensington Multi-Button Mice. YMMV

Cheers,

filosofem 07-05-2005 07:42 PM

Quote:

MS IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 with v4.2

Will this work with a PS2 socket?

The Weed 07-05-2005 08:03 PM

The IntelliMouse is USB, but comes with a USB-to-PS/2 adapter. Check with your local supplier.

Cheers,