Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Dr.John 09-04-2002 01:50 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Roy,

Finally got around to listening to the chopper opera. Wow.....I gotta start working with samples....very cool production!

Dr.John

Plastik909 09-04-2002 02:06 PM

Got another one up called Longback, careful it's a bit scary [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/La_Sonica/

yavuzj 09-04-2002 08:29 PM

I just finished mixing my latest recording with my Quartet.

All the music is at my new site. (Comments welcome about my site as well. I just finished it)

Click on Music link for listening the mixes.
www.yavuzakyazici.com
www.yavuzmusic.com

EnjoY [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

GP 09-05-2002 12:33 AM

Hi all, just listening to all the latest as I type this. Great new pieces so far!

Rational Punk/Dave, amazing job and all on your own? I especially liked counterfeit heroes. Truely a great composition. Can't wait to hear the mastered vers.

Greenroom, like to hear some more of your music, especially the jazz fusion stuff...like Roy said, smooth, cool, hypnotic.

Dr. John, REALLY like what you did with the vocals....with autotune and pith-n-time huh? Never thought that's how it's done. Good overall production also.

Roy, crazy samplin bro! Love what ya did with the harley sounds and guitar samples. Can't wait to hear the finished vers. I'm sure it will be killer.

Soundsufr, nice work with reason. I can tell your getting to have lots of fun with it. It was all done in reason? Impressive, really.

Hope to listen to more asap...gotta get to bed though...need at least 5 hrs sleep tonight [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Take care all [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

p.s. Roy, you get my e-mail?

Roy Howell 09-05-2002 09:22 AM

GP,
I didn't get your email. Something weird has been happening with my email lately though, so it doesn't surprise me. Please re-forward it to both of these addresses, if you would, and I should get it. Sorry for the trouble....... Thanks, Roy [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[email protected]
AND
[email protected]

aziel 09-05-2002 11:06 AM

Rational Punk,
i like it, what did you use? itīs 001?, mikes for the drums?, guitar? the guitar sound itīs awesome!!! what did you use? wanna have that kind of sound... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Rational Punk 09-05-2002 01:46 PM

Quote:

Rational Punk,
i like it, what did you use? itīs 001?, mikes for the drums?, guitar? the guitar sound itīs awesome!!! what did you use? wanna have that kind of sound...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks very much, glad you enjoyed the MP3s (and thanks to everyone who took the time to stop by and have a listen!). Actually 99% of what you're hearing (aside from a few last-minute keyboard dubs) was recorded through an Audiomedia III card (I didn't get the Digi 001 until those two songs were almost done). I wish I could tell you the exact mics used and such on the guitar and drums, but, well...all the drum and guitar parts were played on keyboards.

The drum layouts are from the Double Platinum Rock Drums sample collection, and the guitar sounds came from the Hans Zimmer Guitars Vol I and Vol II. I didn't have to do too much to the drums, apart from smoothing highs a little bit on cymbals...they have a nice, organic sound. The guitars I mostly ran through an ART Tube MP and an Alesis Q2, and then processed with EQ and multiband compression plugs. The power chords and chunky unison parts (which are probably the sounds you liked) were basically achieved by playing the parts several times with different sampled guitar sounds, stacking them with different EQ curves on each, and panning. When playing a drum part or guitar line on keys, I try to pay heed to all the little details like ghost notes, subtle bends, string squeaks and such...all the things that make the track sound more expressive and organic, despite its origins. Sorry, I know the info above may not be useful to you given that the parts were played on keys, but at any rate, that's how it was done. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Roy Howell 09-05-2002 02:54 PM

Yav,
Don't have time to load Flash yet (which it says I need to play it)...I'll listen a little later though........thanks, Roy

Last 09-05-2002 04:11 PM

Congrats on the milestone Roy!1000 replies...ok so now lets aim for 10 000 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I have uploaded a song for those who'd like to have a listen.

enemies/friends

this was written in answer to one of those "dear john..we can still be friends" conversations.

I hope you like.

I have gotten into organ playing lately.

NO!Not THAT organ [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

yavuzj 09-05-2002 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Roy Howell:
Yav,
Don't have time to load Flash yet (which it says I need to play it)...I'll listen a little later though........thanks, Roy

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Flash Player is 500KB. Just so you know. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]