Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I have No Presets in Groove Cell, just one drum kit (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=421520)

justjohnmusic99 09-04-2022 10:22 PM

I have No Presets in Groove Cell, just one drum kit

I have No Presets in Groove Cell, just one drum kit
I see all the demos on youtube and they show many different presets but after my installation, I show no presets and no library.

Did I miss a download or something? I got this from the Avid site and was signed in so that's legit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!
j

Darryl Ramm 09-04-2022 11:48 PM

Re: I have No Presets in Groove Cell, just one drum kit

1 Attachment(s)
Where exactly are you looking? Presets should all be there under the plugin preset folder icon thingy and the librarian pulldown menu thingy (seriously the names of those UI items escape me). See the screenshot. If that's not the case for you speak up.

And you have, cough, read the manual? https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi...g-in_Guide.pdf

NeverEnough 09-26-2022 06:34 AM

GrooveCell presets missing?

I'm new to Pro Tools (using 2022.7) and have added GrooveCell to my Session (following a Tutorial) but there are no Presets - the dropdown list just contains "<factory default>" and no other options? GrooveCell added just fine, and it plays the standard Sequence just fine - my problem is I can't see any Presets?

Dead in the water on my tutorial - hope you can help, cheers!

NeverEnough 09-26-2022 06:49 AM

Re: GrooveCell presets missing?

Also, there are no *.tfx files under the Settings folder for this plugin? There are tons of settings for all the other plugins - it's just this one that seems to be borked?

NeverEnough 09-26-2022 07:49 AM

I have the exact same issue with a new install (Windows 11, Pro Tools 2022.7).

I'm new to Pro Tools and have added GrooveCell to my Session (following a Tutorial) but there are no Presets - the dropdown list just contains "<factory default>" and no other options? GrooveCell added just fine, and it plays the standard Sequence just fine - my problem is I can't see any Presets?

Also, there are no *.tfx files under the Settings folder for this plugin? There are tons of settings for all the other plugins - it's just this one that seems to be borked?

I've uninstalled GrooveCell (via Windows) and reinstalled it via the Avid website (first time was through Avid Link) - no joy.

I can't click on the "folder" in the picture from the previous link - probably because there are no Presets.

Dead in the water on my tutorial - hope you can help, cheers!

Darryl Ramm 09-26-2022 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gee don't want to seem like I'm repeating myself, but...

Where exactly are you looking? Presets should all be there under the plugin preset folder icon thingy and the librarian pulldown menu thingy (seriously the names of those UI items escape me). See the screenshot. If that's not the case for you speak up.

And you have, cough, read the manual? https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi...g-in_Guide.pdf

And nobody can guess exactly where you are looking when you say things like "no *.tfx files under the Settings folder for this plugin" what is the *exact* filesystem path you are looking at? These factory default plugin settings are *not* under your usual per-user Documents/Pro Tools/Plug-In Settings/ (or equivalent on Windows) folder. On Windows I'm guessing they'll be under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Groovecell, but I'm not going to go and check,... they will just install fine and you should be able to find them.

Darryl Ramm 09-26-2022 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I cannot imaging how you can't pull up anything clicking on the presets/compare icon. It should launch a browser. You should see the pulldown work as well. Like in the attached image.

You need to mouse up over the "Factory" label and then the options sidewinder out the right. Standard stupid Pro Tools plugin UI behavior.

NeverEnough 09-27-2022 06:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So there are no files under my GrooveCell folder for plugin-settings:

Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\GrooveCell

There are a ton of other plugins in this general folder & they all work fine and have a bunch of *.tfx files. The GrooveCell folder in this same location is empty.

When I click on settings in the GrooveCell plugin I can only choose the factory default (see attachment).

This was a fresh Windows 11 install of the latest version of Pro Tools (2022.7).

Does anyone know how to get a hold of the *.tfx files for GrooveCell? The plugin seems to work fine (the drum pad, the sequencer) - I'm just missing the presets.

Thanks!

junkgear 09-27-2022 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverEnough (Post 2648117)
So there are no files under my GrooveCell folder for plugin-settings:

Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\GrooveCell

There are a ton of other plugins in this general folder & they all work fine and have a bunch of *.tfx files. The GrooveCell folder in this same location is empty.

When I click on settings in the GrooveCell plugin I can only choose the factory default (see attachment).

This was a fresh Windows 11 install of the latest version of Pro Tools (2022.7).

Does anyone know how to get a hold of the *.tfx files for GrooveCell? The plugin seems to work fine (the drum pad, the sequencer) - I'm just missing the presets.

Thanks!

The factory presets for GrooveCell are not located under the Documents folder.
If everything installed correctly, you should be able to find them in \ProgramData\Avid\GrooveCell\Presets\

If they are not there, then how did you install the plug-in?
You may want to uninstall what you have, re-download GrooveCell from your Avid account and re-install it.

NeverEnough 09-27-2022 08:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Omg I figured it out!

I have a PC with multiple drives and one of the first things I did was to remap the Documents folder to a drive other than C:

This wasn't an issue for any other PlugIn except 2: GrooveCell & SynthCell. The installation for just these 2 plugins put their settings file on the C: drive, for example:

C:\Users\John\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\GrooveCell

This is where all the *.tfx files are for these 2 plugins, so I just copied them to the "real" Documents location & everything is working fine now!

Check out the attachment.