Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   EuCon crashes overnight, every night (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420950)

Eric Lambert 07-15-2022 06:45 PM

EuCon crashes overnight, every night

Never fails. Sit down at the computer in the morning and EuCon is frozen. Unresponsive. I have to force quit.

EuCon 2022.4 (most recent) w/ ProTools 2022.6 and OS 12.4 on a Mac Studio Ultra.

I have the suggested system preference settings (prevent computer from automatically sleeping) and the monitor is set to never sleep. I do have a screensaver which begins after an hour of inactivity but that's never been an issue in the past.

The controller (iPad, Amazon Fire and Avid A1) are all running the latest versions of their software/firmware.

Anyone know what could be causing this predictable, nightly crash?

EddieJones 07-17-2022 01:28 PM

Re: EuCon crashes overnight, every night

Do you have power save on the Ethernet?

Eric Lambert 07-17-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2642229)
Do you have power save on the Ethernet?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to "wake for network access" in the Energy Saver system preferences? I don't see anything in the Network-->Ethernet preference panel.

The "wake for network access" option is checked. But my computer isn't set to sleep at any time.

EddieJones 07-17-2022 02:02 PM

Sorry, I realize OSX only control s this from sleep(I'm on a PC which has it separate) One thing that is known to cause this is App Nap. Try disabling it for EuControl and MCClient.

Eric Lambert 07-17-2022 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2642232)
Sorry, I realize OSX only control s this from sleep(I'm on a PC which has it separate) One thing that is known to cause this is App Nap. Try disabling it for EuControl and MCClient.

Thanks Eddie. Neither EuCon nor MC Client gives the option of preventing App Nap when I Get Info on those apps.

However, they do both have the Get Info option: Open using Rosetta. It isn't checked for either. I'd be surprised if it's related to that.

Eric Lambert 07-18-2022 02:39 PM

Eddie! Whaddya think?

reichman 07-18-2022 05:17 PM

Avid Control was crashing on me occasionally in Apple Native mode. Opening Eucon in Rosetta mode seems to keep Avid Control running indefinitely. But that's not a long-term solution.

EddieJones 07-18-2022 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reichman (Post 2642335)
Avid Control was crashing on me occasionally in Apple Native mode. Opening Eucon in Rosetta mode seems to keep Avid Control running indefinitely. But that's not a long-term solution.

I think this is different, he's saying EuControl? It would be a good data point though to test running in Rossetta mode and see if it helps. (We do see this issue and are working on it)

Eric Lambert 07-18-2022 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2642338)
I think this is different, he's saying EuControl? It would be a good data point though to test running in Rossetta mode and see if it helps. (We do see this issue and are working on it)

I've switched to Rosetta and will report back with my findings.

Eric Lambert 08-09-2022 10:40 AM

I've been testing it for weeks, natively and also w/ Rosetta, but nothing is improved. It still crashes often.

EuCon is still version 2022.4, so no updates in quite a while. I can't be the only person this is happening to.