Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   L-20 Livetrak Not Showing in Windows/Pro Tools (no audio from computer either) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420931)

Ronniedawg 07-14-2022 05:36 AM

L-20 Livetrak Not Showing in Windows/Pro Tools (no audio from computer either)

Think this may be a Windows 10 problem. Funny thing is, it all started when I accidently changed the buffer size in Pro Tools (Ultimate), by accident (on a project), and could not log back into to Pro Tools to change it. Finally got it changed back to 512 (buffer size), then the interface failed to exist. Re-downloaded the drivers and its now showing up as Line (2-Zoom L-20 Driver), showing in my Audio Settings, but not in Pro Tools - getting no audio sending from either Pro Tools or my computer period (both USB returns are on). If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated.

Set to audio interface, compliance switch is on, etc.

The pan switches on my mix page are all ghosted out too.

albee1952 07-14-2022 08:35 AM

Re: L-20 Livetrak Not Showing in Windows/Pro Tools (no audio from computer either)

2 things to look at:
#1-go into Sound Settings and make sure that Windows is NOT using the L-20 as its playback device.
#2-hold the N key while opening Pro Tools, which will take you to the audio engine select window(or with PT open, go to Setup>Hardware. In this window, try to select the L-20

If that doesn't work, come back with details on your Windows sound settings and what options are available on that Hardware window. BTW, always have the L-20 connected when you boot the computer, or at least a minute BEFORE opening Pro Tools so the computer has a chance to recognize the connection(otherwise, Pro Tools can't find it and will default to something else like the on-board sound card):o

Ronniedawg 07-21-2022 07:30 AM

Re: L-20 Livetrak Not Showing in Windows/Pro Tools (no audio from computer either)

Thank you.

I went into the sounds setting and disabled the device (2-Zoom L-20 Driver), on both the Playback and the Recording section.

Did the N thing on the PT startup and it does not show the Zoom, only Realtek High Definition Audio.

sw rec 07-21-2022 09:31 PM

Of course, if you disabled it, it won’t show up. That’s the very definition of disabled.
If it were me, I’d start over. Uninstall Zoom, reboot, install.
And make sure Windows isn’t using the Zoom as the default sound device. Use the Realtek for Windows sounds so ProTools has exclusive use of the Zoom.

junkgear 07-22-2022 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronniedawg (Post 2641948)
Set to audio interface, compliance switch is on, etc.

I think the compliance switch needs to be set to off to use it with Pro Tools.

Ronniedawg 07-23-2022 06:50 AM

That was the problem, compliance switch was on.

Thanks everyone!!