Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Access denied" when trying to post (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=419332)

cmhawke 03-20-2022 06:58 PM

"Access denied" when trying to post
 
When I try to post a reply to my thread, I get the following error:

Quote:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://duc.avid.com/newreply.php?" on this server.
Reference #18.c6497268.1647824319.128a98e5
Also tried copying the reply I was trying to add but it's not working in this thread either. Are there any banned words? Testing: Windows, Mac, macOS, iLok, software, screenshots, attached, license, pt. If these post, these are not banned.

Keep getting logged out now and then too. Something funky is going on with duc.

albee1952 03-21-2022 05:32 PM

Re: "Access denied" when trying to post
 
There has been a fair amount of discussion on this(especially by me:p). I still can't seem to put my finger on the reason. The only thing I have figured out is that SOMETIMES, if you shorten the response, it will post(I tend to write long answers to cover a lot of info, and that can cause the message):o I tried using a different browser(as suggested by another member), but it didn't help(I generally use Google Chrome, but tried Microsoft Edge):cool:

unkJE 03-22-2022 07:40 AM

Re: "Access denied" when trying to post
 
EddieJones’ fix for DUC ‘Access Denied’ works best for me ...

https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=...4&postcount=14

On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click More and then Settings.
Click Privacy and security and then Cookies and other site data.
Click See all cookies and site data.
At the top right, search for the website's name.
To the right of the site, click Remove.

Other browsers are similar.



(On Microsoft Edge: go to Settings/siteData and delete relevant Avid)

albee1952 03-22-2022 10:00 AM

Re: "Access denied" when trying to post
 
This made me have to log back in, but we'll see what happens going forward:o

unkJE 03-22-2022 05:20 PM

Re: "Access denied" when trying to post
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2630850)
This made me have to log back in ...

Sorry for any confusion … I should have explained better:

I waited until “Access Denied” happened,
used Eddie’s fix
then could login and post

Ben Jenssen 03-22-2022 05:31 PM

Re: "Access denied" when trying to post
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unkJE (Post 2630893)
Sorry for any confusion … I should have explained better:

I waited until “Access Denied” happened,
used Eddie’s fix
then could login and post

Then, I'm guessing it could be "Eddie's fix" that fixed it - or - the simple fact that you had to log in again; could be either.


My trick, doesn't always work, is to copy the text I wanted to post, paste it into a very simple app like notes or stickies, then copy it and paste it back into the reply text field. The theory is that some invisible characters are removed.

unkJE 03-22-2022 06:12 PM

Re: "Access denied" when trying to post
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2630894)
Then, I'm guessing it could be "Eddie's fix" that fixed it - or - the simple fact that you had to log in again; could be either.

No … I tried logging in before using Eddie’s fix … and failed (repeatedly).
I could only login and reply after using Eddie’s fix.

Eddie mentioned "Cookies and other site data" - there were quite a few "Avid" that I deleted (with no ensuing drama)


Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2630894)
My trick, doesn't always work, is to copy the text I wanted to post, paste it into a very simple app like notes or stickies, then copy it and paste it back into the reply text field. The theory is that some invisible characters are removed.

Have tried your trick. As you say, works some times, others not.
Just as stripping all but a couple of words and posting, then using the Edit button to complete the post: often works, but doesn't work every time.

Had lots of success copying the URL, to find it only had an "http" prefix - then changing it to "https" would let me post. This issue seems to have been fixed.

unkJE 03-22-2022 06:44 PM

Re: "Access denied" when trying to post
 
3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by unkJE (Post 2630900)
...Eddie mentioned "Cookies and other site data" - there were quite a few "Avid" that I deleted (with no ensuing drama)

79 Cookies - please see attached pic

Denied Access whilst attempting to attach 2 more images ... Eddie's "Clear the Deck!" worked again

unkJE 03-22-2022 08:29 PM

Re: "Access denied" when trying to post
 
Seems ironic, that, in a land not known for its use of (or love for) irony, that Avid’s COST (Cookie Overload Syndrome Trick) is required to surf the DUCnet

i.e.

Trash Avid Cookies in your Browser if you can’t post on the DUC

Terrano 04-12-2022 03:03 PM

Re: "Access denied" when trying to post
 
It could also happen because of permissions set by administrator on your profile. I also saw that sometimes new users cannot post their messages because of their "fresh" registrations


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:37 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com