Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   40 fader D-Command! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=229626)

RichN 10-07-2008 12:24 PM

40 fader D-Command!

Hi Guys,

One thing that many of you might have missed amongst the many new features in PT8.0 is that we will be supporting 40 fader configurations of D-Command with the upcoming PT8 release. Existing 8 or 24 fader D-Commands (both ES and blue) may be expanded up to 40 faders with the addition of one or two 16 fader D-Command modules.

I should add that we do have limited stock of blue fader modules and of course your current D-Command stand furniture may not be large enough to accommodate the extra faders, but those of you wanting larger configs, it will soon be possible.

Rich Nevens
Director Professional Console Sales
Digidesign
[email protected]

DeVille 10-13-2008 05:19 AM

Re: 40 fader D-Command!

This is great Rich...But can we now get an 8 channel expander instead of the being limited to only an 16 channel expander option?

P A M 10-13-2008 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeVille (Post 1293157)
This is great Rich...But can we now get an 8 channel expander instead of the being limited to only an 16 channel expander option?

+1

Cheers

RichN 10-13-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeVille (Post 1293157)

Hi DeVille,

Adding the 40 fader support was possible because it was purely a software project and did not require any new hardware development. An 8 fader expander module is obviously a much more resource demanding project. To be honest I haven't heard many requests for this myself or from our other Icon guys so I'm not confident it would get off the ground at this point.

Rich Nevens
Digidesign

andrewilliam 10-14-2008 04:37 AM

Hi everybody,
does anyone show me some pictures of D-Command ES with Producer's desk embadded?
Thanks a lot. I'm not able to find it..
All the best

Andrea

Drew Mazurek 10-21-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichN (Post 1293439)
Hi DeVille,

Adding the 40 fader support was possible because it was purely a software project and did not require any new hardware development. An 8 fader expander module is obviously a much more resource demanding project. To be honest I haven't heard many requests for this myself or from our other Icon guys so I'm not confident it would get off the ground at this point.

Rich Nevens
Digidesign

I'd buy one, as would lots of other users IMO.

pm mastering studio 10-22-2008 12:55 AM

would be great to have a 8 fader pack
so we can combine it with the producer pack :o)

also the 8 fader pack would be great to enable plugin mapping so my 24 other channels remain usable for mix :o)

just my 2c

DeVille 10-22-2008 03:22 PM

Having an 8 channel fader pack allows users to have the flexibility to place an 8 channel fader pack on either side of the D-Command Main unit as opposed to a single 16 channel expander.

In these tough economic times, it would be nice to have the ability to start with a 8 or 16 channel system and expand in 8 channel increments as finances allow.

I feel strongly that Digi should have never strayed away from the 8 channel expandability of the pro control model!

DeVille

Craig F 10-22-2008 04:50 PM

I would like to point out that a 8 fader would only probably be about 2/3 the price of a 16 fader.