Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   New Staff (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=396640)

EMcD 01-26-2018 01:53 AM

New Staff

I am the new Media Technician of my work place,
I cannot find info about our licenses anywhere in the paper work.

The Macs are running Pro Tools 12 HD, but I only have licenses for Pro Tools 9

I am in the middle of upgrading our Macs as they used a program which in the end made them unusable, so I will need to start from scratch.

We do have iLok on the Macs, but yet again I do not have the log in details to even use the software

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

YYR123 01-26-2018 06:53 AM

New Staff

Might be best to try the support portal

http://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppor...cident-support

They should be able to look it up by company name.

Also the email of the prior media guy might help

crizdee 01-26-2018 07:15 AM

Re: New Staff

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMcD (Post 2471252)
I am the new Media Technician of my work place,
I cannot find info about our licenses anywhere in the paper work.

The Macs are running Pro Tools 12 HD, but I only have licenses for Pro Tools 9

I am in the middle of upgrading our Macs as they used a program which in the end made them unusable, so I will need to start from scratch.

We do have iLok on the Macs, but yet again I do not have the log in details to even use the software

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Hi,

You really need to get in contact with the previous administrator of the Avid account and ilok account. as its going to be very difficult without those account details, especially ilok.

Is the person still around? just the mention of court action for stealing company property should prompt them to dig out the details.

Chris

JCBigler 01-26-2018 01:20 PM

This is a difficult situation and Avid really need to come up with a better solution for institutional users.

I have all the email addresses, user names and passwords written down for whomever comes in after me. But frankly once I'm gone, my email address that is tied to the iLok and Avid and Waves accounts is tied to will go away the second I leave. And that will leave anyone unable to get in if they lose that info.

BScout 01-26-2018 03:08 PM

The usual solution to this is the Avid account, iLok, etc that belong to the Studio all go to the Institution's email address or one is set up for that purpose.

Not a hard solution. When people leave/move jobs, the emails and account history stay with the institution. Never tied to a personal account. It's bad practice for any company to tie their assets to personnel. (Unless the company is solely owned and it's that person's account)

JCBigler 01-26-2018 04:11 PM

Sure, you can call City IT and tell them we need a separate email address. Been trying that for the last 9 nine years. :confused:

BScout 01-26-2018 04:51 PM

The solution I mentioned has been used in 5 major studios I've worked in. One of them (Skywalker Sound) with literally hundreds of keys and thousands of licenses. There's a lot of staff in a place like that and a lot of licenses that need to be moved about (and staff turnover.) So it does work for large institutions -- it's just more about the responsibility of the company than Avid's/iLok's.

Seems your company isn't on the ball about how to manage assets. When they lose access, they'll learn.

JCBigler 01-26-2018 05:19 PM

Yeah, the city that I work for only has like 5,000 employees. Not a very big organization.

Willbloke 01-29-2018 01:39 PM

It's all very good having a single point User/Email for iLok and Pro-tools , none of this was thought of ten years ago when I started supporting all this .
There really should be a better solution for Institutions to Migrate to a Centralised System .