Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Rendered Elastic Audio files disappearing! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=266531)

huzzam 02-08-2010 02:42 PM

Rendered Elastic Audio files disappearing!

Hi everyone--

I've been editing a session with Elastic Audio (polyphonic & rhythmic modes) on 8 tracks. I'm going to do the mixing on a PT HD 7.2 system, so I want to commit the Elastic Audio edits to regions.

So, I went to each track first & set it for Rendered processing (takes forever), and saved and quit. On reopening the session, PT complains that 87 rendered elastic audio files are missing. I tried both automatically & manually to relink them but they really do seem to not exist! Giving up, I let it "Automatically Re-create Missing Render Files without Searching". It finishes (takes forever), I save & quit & reopen, and they're missing *again*!!!

Have others run across this bug? Have you figured out a solution??? It would be a gigantic drag to lose all the rhythmic editing when we go to mix.

I'm on PT LE 8.0.3 (not cs1, not pr) on a Macbook core2duo/2gHz/3gb ram, Mbox 2 Pro, external firewire audio drive.

thanks
~peter in oakland

huzzam 02-08-2010 02:44 PM

Re: Rendered Elastic Audio files disappearing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by huzzam (Post 1550530)
It would be a gigantic drag to lose all the rhythmic editing when we go to mix.

ps-- I can, of course, bounce each track's to a new track, but this is supposed to work, so...

huzzam 02-08-2010 06:09 PM

anyone?

MeBangKeys 02-09-2010 06:19 PM

It's happening to me, too.

I just loaded a session and a Bass track had mysteriously disappeared. It was there five minutes ago when I exited Pro Tools.
:mad:

tom123 02-10-2010 07:55 PM

I have this same problem in several sessions and I am on deadline with a client. In one session I have six polyphonic elastictime regions missing and on another fifty or so which wiped out an entire bass track and bass drum track. THey were monophonic and rendered. The regenerate option does not bring them back.

I am using PTMP 8.0.3 with Windows XP home on a dell laptop PC.

This is a significant problem. Can digidesign weigh in here please?

tamasdragon 02-11-2010 12:01 AM

Uh, it's nasty. Never had this one.
Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
Obviously the trashing prefs&databases, plugin compatibility, etc.

OliS 03-02-2010 03:41 AM

Hey all,

I'm seeing this as well on M-Powered PC, on versions 8.0.1 and 8.0.3.

Lost 98 rendered files twice yesterday. I checked the rendered folder for the appropriate session the second time, and nearly all the rendered audio files were deleted when I closed PT.

What's going on Digi?????

OliS 03-03-2010 05:18 AM

OK all, quick update....

I've just trashed Prefs and DB's with the Tech Support Tool and rendered a few files in one of my sessions. Still deleting the rendered files on PT exit.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Oli

AdamPT8 03-03-2010 06:02 AM

No backup?

OliS 03-03-2010 12:50 PM

I've got a backup of the session, but having watched the directory structure, PT is deleting the files on exit, other than a couple that I must have rendered some time back.

I'm surviving on Polyphonic for the moment, and bouncing down when rendered (which is a royal PITA)

I've sat and watched it render a few, create files in the session 'Rendered Audio' folder, saved the session, and then on exit, watched them be deleted again.