Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Spirithunter 09-09-2005 02:16 PM

Re: Work in Progress
 
Thanks Charlie for the listen and kind words.

I've bump around your site from time to time and you have some very nice tunes going on there!





Thanks again

-Bob (Former Dr.Loop)

superpenguin79 09-09-2005 02:25 PM

Re: Work in Progress
 
Thanks Bob, only have a couple of demos from a couple new records I'm working on with folks up to download on there at the moment other than listening to my last record on cdbaby, but Thanks for the listen also.

Joz 09-10-2005 01:26 AM

OVERNIGHT LOWS
 
Finally heres a new rocking song we just finished. This is my fist mix of the song, so I still gotta check it on different systems. It's called "Stop Thinking So Hard"

http://www.overnightlows.com/music/stsh.mp3

Let me know what you think!

Joz

bb_aus 09-10-2005 02:05 AM

Re: OVERNIGHT LOWS
 
Quote:

Finally heres a new rocking song we just finished. This is my fist mix of the song, so I still gotta check it on different systems. It's called "Stop Thinking So Hard"

http://www.overnightlows.com/music/stsh.mp3

Let me know what you think!

Joz

another good song. i think it needs to be more open and the vocals should be more upfrount, more like 'delay the wait' 'leech' and 'the way that i am' i think they are great.
what are your vocal and drum chains?

Joz 09-10-2005 02:19 AM

Re: OVERNIGHT LOWS
 
Quote:


another good song. i think it needs to be more open and the vocals should be more upfrount, more like 'delay the wait' 'leech' and 'the way that i am' i think they are great.
what are your vocal and drum chains?

I use a Rode tube mic for vocals, I forgot the name (its arond $500) And drums always change. This time I used APIs straight into PT were I EQed some of the "digital" out. Drums recorded at my friend Doug's studio.
By upfront you mean less wet? because this vocals are louder than our previous songs, wich were dryer. Thanks for then input

http://www.overnightlows.com/music/stsh.mp3

Joz

bb_aus 09-10-2005 02:37 AM

Re: OVERNIGHT LOWS
 
Quote:

By upfront you mean less wet? because this vocals are louder than our previous songs, wich were dryer. Thanks for then input

just more room in the mix, im not sure how else to describe it.
what effects are you running on them? i think the dryer vocals cut through a bit more but i wouldnt say you washed the vocals out.

IntelDoc 09-10-2005 09:07 AM

Re: OVERNIGHT LOWS
 
Joz,
Alright you asked for input... here ya go... I have followed your posts and mixes, and even had fun with one of your mixes.... And this has nothing to do with your skills either.... Now, this one is totally different and that is always good. You guys still have tha psuedo, new age Gwen Steffanie (california) sound and that is good. Suites the area and your style it seems. Plus like I have said before, your singer is a hottie. Tell her I said that too please.

Now, one thing that I noticed right away is that your drums are COMPLETELY different than before songs. Now honestly I do not like the sounds on this tune. Sounded too dark and compressed. I have this problem at times in my mixes too. This song compared to "Where" is totally different with drums. Might be lack of EQ or something, but just overall they did nothing for me.

Guitars are good as always and fit the tune. A little heavy on the left side of the mix. The right is muddier too. The left guitar is nice, but is louder. Nice pan with the solo at 2:05 though. That was a good tough. I would experiment bringing it back over to the other side too.

Vocals, not sure what you did differently but I hear overdrive in the vocals. Maybe pushing the pre or the mic too hard onthis one? Just not fitting for her voice with the tune and YES the vocals are further back in the mix for this tune. Sounds muddy with the overdrive too. What happened to the 2 vocal track highly compressed, and HIGH EQ trick you hav done in the past?

Keep at it, like I said I have followed your music and your band for awhile now and always like the end result. This one to me still needs work.

Later,

- Doc

mkosacek 09-11-2005 02:07 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here
 
This is probably somewhat atypical for this thread, but I had a session over the weekend with a vocalist that wanted to record her vocals to some karaoke tracks for her own wedding. As a result I got to try out the Studio Projects C3 that I recently scored with a great female vocalist... anyway, check it out and let me know what you think. I think the mic did a great job, of course it helps to have a great subject... All the vocals are her but the music is a karaoke style backing track. We did several but here is one example.

From This Moment

Joz 09-11-2005 10:05 PM

Overnight Lows
 
I had time to listen to it on different systems and heres a way better mix. Plus we re-recorded alot of vocals, added some stuff to the verses and we have a vocal outro now. It just works much better now.
http://www.overnightlows.com/music/stsh.mp3

Joz
www.overnightlows.com

superpenguin79 09-12-2005 09:30 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here
 
Quote:

This is probably somewhat atypical for this thread, but I had a session over the weekend with a vocalist that wanted to record her vocals to some karaoke tracks for her own wedding. As a result I got to try out the Studio Projects C3 that I recently scored with a great female vocalist... anyway, check it out and let me know what you think. I think the mic did a great job, of course it helps to have a great subject... All the vocals are her but the music is a karaoke style backing track. We did several but here is one example.

From This Moment

Michael: nice job on the vox man. sounds like the SPC3 gives her vocals a little more of an airy kind of feel which works well for the song.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com