Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Anyone using two Artist Mix'es? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=423167)

Ben Jenssen 01-14-2023 01:22 AM

Anyone using two Artist Mix'es?

I'm expecting a second Artist Mix to arrive in a day or two. I've owned and used Artist Mix everyday since may now, and I love it. Together with my SSL UC1 controller, it lets me mix very much "off screen". Looking forward to 16 faders instead of 8. (Also hoping that I'll see 16 plugin parameters instead of 8.)

I think I have the basics on using two together, shouldn't be too difficult. I have the ethernet ports available etc. Just wondering if there is anything you think I should be aware of, or prepare for? Anything?

One thing I'm wondering; I'll be having duplicates of many buttons, like Pan, Insert, Aux, Page etc. That's what they will be, then; duplicates, same function; you just reach for the one nearest to you?

scaramangaindustries 01-14-2023 05:40 AM

Re: Anyone using two Artist Mix'es?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2658781)
I'm expecting a second Artist Mix to arrive in a day or two. I've owned and used Artist Mix everyday since may now, and I love it. Together with my SSL UC1 controller, it lets me mix very much "off screen". Looking forward to 16 faders instead of 8. (Also hoping that I'll see 16 plugin parameters instead of 8.)

I think I have the basics on using two together, shouldn't be too difficult. I have the ethernet ports available etc. Just wondering if there is anything you think I should be aware of, or prepare for? Anything?

One thing I'm wondering; I'll be having duplicates of many buttons, like Pan, Insert, Aux, Page etc. That's what they will be, then; duplicates, same function; you just reach for the one nearest to you?

I have four. They just work. Button functions are duplicate, yes.

Ben Jenssen 01-15-2023 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scaramangaindustries (Post 2658797)
I have four. They just work. Button functions are duplicate, yes.

Thanks, Matthew.
Yes, I've cleared the space on my desk, my existing Mix is ready for attaching the second, cables are ready, and I'm expecting it to be plug'n play. Just checking if people have had surprises with this, or anything.

smurfyou 01-15-2023 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2658896)
Thanks, Matthew.
Yes, I've cleared the space on my desk, my existing Mix is ready for attaching the second, cables are ready, and I'm expecting it to be plug'n play. Just checking if people have had surprises with this, or anything.

If you have an existing Eucon setup then it's pretty much plug and play.

its2loud 01-15-2023 07:44 AM

“I have the ethernet ports available etc. Just wondering if there is anything you think I should be aware of, or prepare for? Anything?”

Can you expand on this? Are you using an Ethernet switch or router?

Ben Jenssen 01-15-2023 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its2loud (Post 2658902)
“I have the ethernet ports available etc. Just wondering if there is anything you think I should be aware of, or prepare for? Anything?”

Can you expand on this? Are you using an Ethernet switch or router?

I'm introducing a switch to allow for one more ethernet connection with the second Artist Mix. So I'm rerouting a bit, but that's going to be good.

its2loud 01-15-2023 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2658903)
I'm introducing a switch to allow for one more ethernet connection with the second Artist Mix. So I'm rerouting a bit, but that's going to be good.

As long as you're not just creating a secondary Ethernet port on your computer and plugging each Artist Mix into them individually.

You might want to consider getting your self a router/switch with 4-5 ethernet ports so that you can create your own independent Eucon network with the wireless for the Avid Control.

Ben Jenssen 01-15-2023 08:30 AM

Again, I'm going to use a 'switch' to connect broadband, mac, and the two Mix'es. This won't be any problem.

its2loud 01-15-2023 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2658909)
Again, I'm going to use a 'switch' to connect broadband, mac, and the two Mix'es. This won't be any problem.

Glad you’ve got it sorted.

Ben Jenssen 01-20-2023 05:48 AM

Just to conclude; I have now had my two Artist Mixes for a couple of days, and it's working very nicely indeed. I had to incorporate a ethernet switch to accommodate the extra device, but other than that, it was plug 'n play. I'm loving it.