Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Aussie169 08-30-2004 04:44 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

bigbubbaj

Yeah, the guitar sound is great.
Vocals are a little thin and harsh. I know the NTK (like all Rode mics) has a hyped top end, but I've heard it sound much warmer than this. Have you eq'd the bottom end out of it or is this how the vocalist sounds?
Good effort on the mix.

bigbubbaj 08-30-2004 04:47 AM

Thanks guys!

It was a mahogony martin - he said it was their low end one D-15 Mahog

Acoustic guitar was 2 apex 435's both about 3 inches above soundhole, about 10-18 inches away. Right mic was about thr 12th fret aiming at the soundhole. LEft mic was in between the bridge and the bottom of the guitar aiming at the soundhold. Gain was pretty hot, since he is a quiet player. Got this from IntelDoc.

AND - Rode NTK about 4 feet awat - 5 feet high aiming at the soundhole.
AND - guitar (on 2 songs) was plugged in DI through his SWK strawberry blonde amp.

All into the DigimaxLT @24/48 -->002R.

A tiny bit of EQ on the guitars, and they were mixed as follows: Apex 0.db (Unity), Rode about halfway up (12db fader gain) and DI almost inaudible.

Thanks for listening!

bigbubbaj 08-30-2004 04:49 AM

Aussie,

I will take a look at the EQ on the Vocals later tonight. Off to Work!

I hear what you are saying, and it might be eq. It could also be the Digimax Lt preamps.

I need to pick up a trident or vintech for vox I think.

Ralph K 08-30-2004 05:15 AM

Thanks for sharing ur technique Bigbubbaj! keep up the gr8 work!

Gene Backlin 08-30-2004 06:28 AM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

I had the pleasure to record a few friends of Saturday night. They are embarking on a tour next month and asked if I could record them.

I hope you enjoy !

http://s94545301.onlinehome.us/music...tumnLeaves.mp3

Take Care,
Gene

JonM 08-30-2004 06:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Steve

Oh that's great that is.. the bastards never write to me!!

I bet they do.

No, seriously, it's my main gripe, I've had over 12,000 downloads of songs from my site, and maybe received 20 emails, I honestly wouldn't mind if everyone who downloaded sent hate mail, but the -silence- is really annoying.

I have a theory that if I were charging for songs, promoting myself via boastful biographies and selling hard copy on CD then the MP3's would have a perceived value, people would be more inclined to them/me seriously, but as it's free not even requiring a log-in then it's so much cyber litter.

But it won't stop me.. oh no.. I'm creating more cyber trash as we speak

-Steve
-Ego? e'gone.

Steve

Wow 12000 downloads. That is incredible. Think I've had about 40 .

Seriously, are you sure your mail thing is working properly? I emailed you via your site about 2 weeks ago - after the person contacted me - to say thanks for the link....did it get through? Maybe somewhere you've got 12000 fan mails waiting to be read.

Looking forward to the next track. I'm having weird stage fright issues at the moment. Hanging out and noodling on the guitar my fingers, by my standards, are lightning fast, but as soon as I put up a mic I go to pieces. Weird, eh?

Roy Howell 08-30-2004 11:28 AM

bigbubbaj,
Good job on these three...as a song, I like 'Purple Sky' best...the acoustic is sounding really good...
-Roy

Aussie/Mark,
How is 'Little World' coming along?...post it when you can......great song.

bigbubbaj 08-30-2004 11:34 AM

Thanks, Roy. I agree on the acoustics. I am done mixing those. Just need to tweak the vocals a bit.

metaltim 08-30-2004 04:19 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here *DELETED*

Post deleted by metaltim

bigbubbaj 08-30-2004 05:39 PM

Quote:

allright.. been a while since ive posted.. not much progress in the way of lyric writing..

is it just me?

i have about 5-10 songs recorded completely, just no lyrics hah

anyway HERE it is ...
named 'better life'

im no solist, so you'll have to escuse the solos.. timing and a few notes just arent cutting it.

anyone like to solo this style of music?? let me know we can collaborate

tim

Bad link??? ^^^^

Also I remixed and tweaked the vox and now they sound all warm and cozy. I like them a bunch!Dan Walker - Remixed

Thanks for the inputs everyone. I appreciate your ears.