Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Avid Link says PT 2022.9 is on the way (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=421708)

huzzam 09-21-2022 08:44 AM

Avid Link says PT 2022.9 is on the way

Avid Link popped up a notification that it had one app update. I opened it, only to find that the update was for... Avid Link. However, the release notes say, "Avid Link 2022.9 includes bug fixes and new capabilities for the upcoming Pro Tools 2022.9 software release."

So looks like we'll be seeing a new PT in the next 9 days!

https://imgur.com/undefined

gives 09-21-2022 09:35 AM

Re: Avid Link says PT 2022.9 is on the way

Quote:

Originally Posted by huzzam (Post 2647644)
Avid Link popped up a notification that it had one app update. I opened it, only to find that the update was for... Avid Link. However, the release notes say, "Avid Link 2022.9 includes bug fixes and new capabilities for the upcoming Pro Tools 2022.9 software release."

So looks like we'll be seeing a new PT in the next 9 days!

https://imgur.com/undefined

It will happen before the end of the month I hear.

G

noah330 09-21-2022 11:37 AM

I wonder if we're going to get M1 native with this build. My Mac Studio is great but I'm dying to see what it will be like once software goes native!

gives 09-21-2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noah330 (Post 2647670)
I wonder if we're going to get M1 native with this build. My Mac Studio is great but I'm dying to see what it will be like once software goes native!

Maybe so,

I know that with my conversations with Avid that they seem to be encouraging me to move to a workstation going forward that supports more modern macOS versions as Avid has hands tied as with Apple losing compatibility with Mojave for example. Still running al older Mac Pro Trash Can which has been solid for me even with Dolby Atmos sessions, but taxed all the same. Avid needs to got Native, which is why I have not purchased a new Mac Pro or whatever yet.

G

JR Fountain 09-21-2022 01:30 PM

Based on a question I posed in the MTRX Studio forum that Jeff Komar responded to, I have a feeling we may finally see an integrated Dolby Atmos Renderer.

JanuS 09-21-2022 02:18 PM

At the IBC Amsterdam two weeks ago we got a look into 2022.9.
There's going to be... Media Composer function: export Protools session!
For us audio post people a huge thing..! Not yet "autoconform" to recut yet, but still..
Also some other stuff is coming up, like AUX IO, which runs simultaneous to the playback engine.
Marker tracks are supposed to come with 2022.9 as well.
But native silicon support.. will be a release later. Probably 2022,12.
Oh, and there's a TB3 port retrofit coming up for the MTRX Studio.

I hope this is not a very big secret, as the Avid folks were happy to show these new features at the show

ZEUSS 09-21-2022 02:30 PM

Hopefully they fix all the lingering midi bugs once and for all.

originalscottyg 09-21-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanuS (Post 2647691)
At the IBC Amsterdam two weeks ago we got a look into 2022.9.
There's going to be... Media Composer function: export Protools session!
For us audio post people a huge thing..! Not yet "autoconform" to recut yet, but still..
Also some other stuff is coming up, like AUX IO, which runs simultaneous to the playback engine.
Marker tracks are supposed to come with 2022.9 as well.
But native silicon support.. will be a release later. Probably 2022,12.
Oh, and there's a TB3 port retrofit coming up for the MTRX Studio.

I hope this is not a very big secret, as the Avid folks were happy to show these new features at the show

The Media Composer export function will only benefit those who work with picture departments that use Media Composer. Almost all of the editors I work with moved to Premier a long time ago. I hope this doesn't mean that they will put less development and support work into the AAF protocol.

Marker Tracks is HUUUUGE!!!
Aux IO sounds like a big development for running things like Zoom and Source Connect sessions without needing Source Nexus.

Any info on whether the MTRX Studio TB3 option will be able to be added to existing units (I'm guessing not) or will only be on new units?

priorytools 09-21-2022 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEUSS (Post 2647692)
Hopefully they fix all the lingering midi bugs once and for all.

Yeah.
And there will be ever lasting peace and tranquillity.
[emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noah330 09-21-2022 02:44 PM

Ok fine, I think the real question is when will 2002.10 be released :P