Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Automation Indicator (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=394462)

made 10-19-2017 04:00 AM

Automation Indicator

It's a great new feature to have an automation indicator. finally!

...but there's a bit of room for improvement
Right now all write and trim modes make the red light go on.
But you can see it as well in the OLED (since this update)
So why not only blink the red light if there's automation being written (in touch and latch and their trim modes)

and add the feature (as a preference setting) to use the green Sel LED as "Arrow Up" and the Rec LED as "Arrow Down" indicators matching the ones on the ProTools mixer.

EddieJones 10-19-2017 07:25 PM

Re: Automation Indicator

This would be different to every console I know, they all show a red LED for write and flashing for writing.

made 10-20-2017 04:54 AM

Eddie, I agree...

then maybe adding the arrow indicator in the OLED as a new feature?

btw.

Read/Trim also turns on the red LED.

EddieJones 10-20-2017 07:05 AM

I didnt understand your arrow feature...but do now ;-) Nice idea ! Nobody will want an S6 ;-)
We know about the read/trim bug and will get fixed. Thanks

made 10-20-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Nice idea ! Nobody will want an S6 ;-)
Yeah, that's the AVID concept...

Maybe a S3|HD support plan? Visual feedback and custom mapping (HD only) ...;)

EddieJones 10-20-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by made (Post 2454957)
Yeah, that's the AVID concept...

Maybe a S3|HD support plan?

We have an S3 support plan now

Gordon Hookailo 10-20-2017 10:22 PM

Leds on Rec buttons only indicate fader auto writing

It's critical to know if any automation parameter has been armed in Latch Prime or simply while someone is on a panner or eq in touch "On the S3!" Right now you still have to look away from the S3 to a screen or Dock.

Any chance this can be and or will implemented?

teedeecee 10-21-2017 04:52 AM

I have to say that EuCon 3.7 is a joy here.

Thanks to Eddie for driving this through, the new automation mode selection on the REC key option is much appreciated, and has a freaking huge effect on our day.

EddieJones 10-21-2017 07:23 AM

Re: Leds on Rec buttons only indicate fader auto writing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Hookailo (Post 2455029)
It's critical to know if any automation parameter has been armed in Latch Prime or simply while someone is on a panner or eq in touch "On the S3!" Right now you still have to look away from the S3 to a screen or Dock.

Any chance this can be and or will implemented?

We decided against this for this release as it was confusing, it looked like the fader was writing when it wasn't etc. I fully understand the need though and am thinking of ways to indicate something is in write other than the fader.

Gordon Hookailo 10-21-2017 03:28 PM

Re: Leds on Rec buttons only indicate fader auto writing

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2455079)
We decided against this for this release as it was confusing, it looked like the fader was writing when it wasn't etc. I fully understand the need though and am thinking of ways to indicate something is in write other than the fader.

Thank you so much Eddie for keeping development happening on these surfaces! We can't put S6s in every room, and it seems the S3 / Dock is the only other solution at the moment.

On all previous surfaces (C24 / Icons) the auto write indicator LEDs next to each fader did blink when any auto was bring written / primed (ok read blinked in preview:) That was great for me anyway as I would know if a send or eq was about to be written or punched from preview.

Just noticed another issue... The layout buttons on the left of the S3 don't stay lit now with 3.7. Are you seeing that too?

And not to confuse to many issues in one post, the group function has been totally broken since day 1. Any plans to fix that?

Lastly will we get access to use different colors on the user buttons on the S3

Thanks for being so responsive! Keep those Eucon updates coming!