Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Any Virus Synth Sound Experts Out There? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=27174)

tomhartman 10-09-2002 09:06 AM

Any Virus Synth Sound Experts Out There?

I'm looking for a sound like the one in the old CARS song called "Let's Go".....there's a riff played in the lower register during the section where they sing "I like the nightlife baby" that I'm sure Virus can get....I've gotten close with by fiddling with a couple of the factory presets...but I can't nail it. It's almost like a formant shaping thing...

If anyone out there knows how to get this sound out of Virus, PLEASE send me an EMAIl or post it for all of us..in fact, I suppose what would really be great is if someone could send the patch itself....anyway, thanks for any help you might give....

tzujan 10-09-2002 09:38 AM

Re: Any Virus Synth Sound Experts Out There?

... or better yet post it here Protools Plugin Preset Co-op

shadowbox 10-09-2002 09:43 AM

I'm almost sure the virus has a preset like that. I'll have to check when I get to my studio. That sound usually has the word "sync" in the name because it is creating by syncing 2 oscilators together.

Felix 10-09-2002 10:09 AM

i'm looking to find or modify an electric keyboard sound like the one on the first track of Radiohead Kid A- "Everything in Right Place".
any tips?

tomhartman 10-09-2002 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by shadowbox:
I'm almost sure the virus has a preset like that. I'll have to check when I get to my studio. That sound usually has the word "sync" in the name because it is creating by syncing 2 oscilators together.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Chirs, I went through every preset. One of them came kind of close, but A/Bing against the record still left a lot of room to be desired.Any help appreciated! I'm more of a guitar guy, and I get cross eyed when I have to modify synth patches;)

shadowbox 10-09-2002 03:35 PM

Hey Tom,

I found a similar sound called VI-Sync and tweaked it. i don't have the Car's record here but i think this is close.

I e-mailed you the file.

Let me know if it works,

Zownd 10-09-2002 04:06 PM

You'll never get the excact sam sound!! (unless it's the same synth....and even then)
I think you should be looking at energy.
Or... when you have this sound that comes close, stop tweaking in "Virus" and start adding plugs.
McDSP, DUY, or even the plain old Focusrites.

Goodluck,
Mark

tomhartman 10-09-2002 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shadowbox:
Hey Tom,

I found a similar sound called VI-Sync and tweaked it. i don't have the Car's record here but i think this is close.

I e-mailed you the file.

Let me know if it works,

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey thanks! Will get back to you when I hear it!