Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   avid control unit limit exceeded (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=415842)

kings79 06-22-2021 10:32 PM

avid control unit limit exceeded

Is ther a way to have more than 1 tablet? I'd like to have 2 tablets without having 1 locked to my S1.

BScout 06-23-2021 12:27 AM

Re: avid control unit limit exceeded

no

kings79 06-23-2021 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BScout (Post 2605014)
no

Thats a bummer.

I'd like to have a couple of screens that are not meters.

Rich Breen 06-23-2021 07:58 AM

Agreed - for me the use case would be Dock's tablet locked to monitor controller or tracks display, and a secondary one dedicated to softkeys. I may go to a Streamdeck just for this functionality.

uptheoctave 06-23-2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Breen (Post 2605062)
Agreed - for me the use case would be Dock's tablet locked to monitor controller or tracks display, and a secondary one dedicated to softkeys. I may go to a Streamdeck just for this functionality.

This is what I've done, controlled by Soundflow.

kings79 06-23-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

yeah man. I agree.

Maybe they want us to buy more controllers. Haha

originalscottyg 06-24-2021 08:15 AM

Quote:

I think this is a great idea!

For me the biggest frustration is switching pages on the control app. My fat fingers have a hard time accurately pressing the small page tabs at the top.

I would also love the ability to use the surface-shift key in conjunction with the top row of small soft keys on the dock to switch pages on the tablet.

EddieJones 06-29-2021 07:05 AM

In 21.6 (later today) there are now softkeys to do the page switching.

kings79 06-29-2021 02:14 PM

There are already soft keys to switch pages.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

kings79 06-29-2021 02:21 PM

Update your control surface with the EUCON 2021.6 and you can:

Create custom knob layouts for all of your favorite plugins (including EQ and DYN), so that you always have your favorite parameters at your fingertips—for any EUCON-enabled DAW

Design custom meter layouts for both Avid Control mobile and desktop apps by dragging and rearranging the order of the various information blocks

Write automation more smoothly with new Auto Match indicators in Avid Control

Use the new buttons in Avid Control to quickly clear all solos and mutes

Gain numerous smaller features and bug fixes

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk