Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Carbon (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Sidechain delay compensation fixed for Carbon and Hybrid HDX (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=415599)

22002fede 06-02-2021 08:15 AM

Sidechain delay compensation fixed for Carbon and Hybrid HDX

Hello everyone,
For who was wondering, Sidechain delay compensation will be available for hybrid HDX mixers from the next protools update. And it will work for both Native and DSP plugins. The nagging has been finally heard!!

Here I attach their answer:

Hi Federico,

Carbon and the Hybrid HDX Engine both use the same technology, so in fixing the sidechain ADC for Hybrid, it will also be fixed for Carbon.

Sidechain ADC will work for both Native & DSP plugins.

This will be available with the next release of Pro Tools before the end of June.

Do you have any further questions?

Best Regards,

Maciej
Avid Global Customer Support

XJENSEN 06-02-2021 09:08 AM

Re: Sidechain delay compensation fixed for Carbon and Hybrid HDX

Great that they finally got to fixing all the ADC issues because of their new Carbon product. Should have happened long ago.

And as expected, the side chain compensation will remain an HDX-only feature.

Sardi 06-02-2021 04:38 PM

If it’s going to work with native plugins, then how is it only tied to HDX?

The way I read the statement, it appears it will work with all versions of Pro Tools and any type of plugin format.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XJENSEN 06-03-2021 01:34 AM

From the statement, it seems it will only be available for the (hybrid) HDX mixing engine that's used when you have either Carbon or an HDX system. You will of course be able to run Native plugins on an HDX system as well, but this doesn't mean this feature will be coming to the Native mixing engine.

Sardi 06-03-2021 02:34 AM

Hmmm... I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@tention 06-05-2021 08:07 AM

Fingers crossed. I hope they finally managed to get this done properly with native systems.

digiot 06-07-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJENSEN (Post 2603446)
From the statement, it seems it will only be available for the (hybrid) HDX mixing engine that's used when you have either Carbon or an HDX system. You will of course be able to run Native plugins on an HDX system as well, but this doesn't mean this feature will be coming to the Native mixing engine.

The Hybrid engine uses the native mixing engine! It takes all mixing tasks away from the DSP and only utilizes the DSP for DSP-enabled tracks and associated paths. The downside to the Hybrid engine is that you can no longer mix DSP and Native plugins on the same track. You can mix Native and DSP within the session but as soon as you enable DSP on a track it disables the Native plug-ins on that track.

LoZion 08-02-2021 11:51 PM

How are hardware inserts affected by the new hybrid engine?