Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   DAE ERROR -9060 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=121024)

onsetofeffect 11-15-2004 03:39 AM

DAE ERROR -9060

I get this error whenever I try to record. I have a G4 iBook OSX Panther and a 002 Rack. I followed the suggestions on the FAQ page and it still didn't work. Can someone help?

Brent Flash 11-15-2004 07:36 AM

Re: DAE ERROR -9060

Here is info you can find in the answer base. Not knowing all your details some may apply some may not.

DAE error -9060 when trying to record

This can be caused by a new feature of Mac OS 10.3.x called Journaling. To disable journaling, follow these steps:

locate the Disk Utility on your System hard drive, in the Applications folder > Utilities folder > Disk Utility.
From theDisk Utility's File menu, choose Disable Journaling.

These errors where resolved in a couple of cases by going to:
MAC HD /Library /Startup items

and removing all except the DigidesignLoader and the PACE support folders. (ie..Norton Missed tasks ;Norton auto protect)

restart the computer

relaunch Pro Tools.

1. Pro Tools does NOT support RAID arrays.
This error can occur if drives are connected to a RAID SCSI controller, or if drives have been striped or formatted with a RAID formatting utility such as "Soft Raid".

2. Corrupt audio files can cause -9060 errors.
In this scenario, the -9060 error message will come up in exactly the same spot in the session. A simple workaround is to set the track containing the corrupt audio to "inactive".

3. In one case, a bad Volume Bitmap on the audio drive was the cause (Disk Doctor reported "the contents of the bitmap do not agree with the locations of all files in the catalog").
Run a disk utility on the drive to check it. If an error is found, backup your data, initialize the drive, then restore your data.

4. In one case this was resolved by removing a Jaz drive from the SCSI bus.

5. In at least one instance disabling Norton AntiVirus or Norton SystemWorks caused DAE -9060 errors to stop occurring when recording to SCSI or internal drives that were formatted with Apple Disk Utility. To do this run the Norton uninstaller or remove the Norton files from Library>Startup Items.

1. The FireWire drive must have the Oxford 911 bridge chip and spin at 7,200 RPMs or faster to be supported with Pro Tools.

2. Format the FireWire drive with the Apple Drive Setup Utility. Formatting will wipe the drive clean; consequently, you should back up any data that is on the FireWire Drive first before erasing the disk. If the FireWire drive mounts on the desktop, simply highlight it's icon, then choose Erase Disk under the Special Menu and choose Mac OS Extended. Click Erase. Don't forget to backup your data first!

3. Disable all extensions and control panels that were installed with the formatting utility software for the FireWire drives. Below are a list of various extensions and control panels to disable in the Extensions Manager.
Apple Menu > Control Panels > Extensions Manager. Disable by unchecking various extensions and and control panels, then restart the computer.

For EZ Quest Cobra FireWire Drives:
HDST Cartridge Mounter. (Hard Disk Speed Tools)
HDST FireWire Support and any other HDST extensions.

For LaCie FireWire Drives:
LaCie FireWire Support.
LaCie USB Support.
Silverling Pro - Control Panel.

For Maxtor FireWire Drives:
Maxtor Carbus Enabler.
Maxtor FW Support HD.
Maxtor FW Support RBC.
Maxtor USB Support driver.
Maxtor USB Support Shim.

For Phantom and Acom FireWire Drives:
HDST USB Support, Shim. (Hard Disk Speed Tools)
HSDT USB Support Driver
HDST FireWire Support, RBC.
HDST FireWire Support, MO
HDST FireWire Support.

Western Digital FireWire Drives:
WD FireWire Support
WD FireWire Support RBC

Glyph FireWire Drives:
Glyph GD1
Glyph GT1
Glyph MP1
Glyph OS1
Glyph FireWire P-Port Lib.

Other World Computing Drives:
HDST FireWire Support
HDST FireWire Support MO
HDST Support RBC

Mercury Elite FireWire Drives:
HDST FireWire Support
HDST FireWire, MO
HDST FireWire Support, RBC
HDST USB Support Driver
HDST USB Support Shim
Your disk may be too slow or too fragmented: -9019 error message during playback of Pro Tools on a Mac in OS 9 when using a FireWire drive. (Possibility of producing a -9060 or -9073 error message as well.)

Disable the "Heat Utility" formatting tool in the Extensions Manager and restart the computer.

Here's How:
1) Quit out of Pro Tools.
2) Apple Menu > Control Panel > Extensions Manager. Uncheck the "Heat Utility" extension. Restart computer.
3) Launch Pro Tools and playback a session. All should be fine.

"Heat Utility" allows for formatting and partitioning of FireWire drives for Mac in OS 9. Many formatting utilities can cause error messages in Pro Tools when enabled in the Extensions Manager.

Solutions:

If you have installed Norton Utilities on your system, either uninstall this software or make sure you are using a OS 10.3 compatible version. Many studios reported a DAE error -9060 while using an old version of Norton Utilities.

Put the Digidesign Databases folder in the trash bin. You will find one of these folders on all of your drives.

Disable journaling by following the steps below.
1. Run the Apple Disk Utility
2. In the main window, select the boot volume
3. From the File menu, choose "Disable Journaling"
all audio drives should be initialized with the Journaling feature disabled.