Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

ee99ee 08-02-2003 11:06 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cavell:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Roy Howell:
Well, post it anyway when it's done...I'de like to hear it. I've had this first version for a few days, but couldn't listen until I got WinAmp and the 6.1 WaveDriver together...(oh you know all that..) good stuff though, Chris...

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, here it is just for you Roy [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The real title is That Old Feeling .

(I usually save trimming the start and end times for actual CD-authoring.)
<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I REALLY like this song... might I suggest a little more compression on the bass? Also, the ride cymbal needs some help... theres alot of lower stuff that is making it a little muddy. I REALLY like this style of music though. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-ee99ee

Roy Howell 08-02-2003 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cavell:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Roy Howell:
Well, post it anyway when it's done...I'de like to hear it. I've had this first version for a few days, but couldn't listen until I got WinAmp and the 6.1 WaveDriver together...(oh you know all that..) good stuff though, Chris...

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, here it is just for you Roy [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The real title is That Old Feeling .

(I usually save trimming the start and end times for actual CD-authoring.)
<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Chris,
Great job, IMHO, on this recording, and I love the song itself. It glows... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
thanks for the listen... ~Roy

brdst 08-03-2003 08:48 AM

Hey guys,
I've been listening to a bunch of great tunes. Very impressed with the production and writing, thanks for all your posts.
Here is an old one my band did. We went pretty easy on the production side, since it was just our first demo and time was a factor. Anyhow,it seems you guys give great advice. I hope you enjoy.
Thanks again for your posts in all the threads.

Conga Song
Mandown-music.com

Gene Backlin 08-05-2003 07:24 AM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Up for some air !

Hello,

I have been spending time doing a lot of reading and listening to advice from the members on the DUC here lately. With that in mind, I have reworked my latest tune, I would appreciate any feedback on whether my studying helped or destroyed the tune. Feel free to say anything about the tune, I will take your observations constructively.

http://www.ehmz.org/Gallery/songs/WavingGoodbye.mp3

Thank you for your time !

Forever learning,
Gene

Gene Backlin 08-05-2003 07:27 AM

Up for some air !

Hello,

I have been spending time doing a lot of reading and listening to advice from the members on the DUC here lately. With that in mind, I have reworked my latest tune, I would appreciate any feedback on whether my studying helped or destroyed the tune. Feel free to say anything about the tune, I will take your observations constructively.

http://www.ehmz.org/Gallery/songs/WavingGoodbye.mp3

Thank you for your time !

Forever learning,
Gene

GORILLA 08-05-2003 09:11 AM

Gene-O sounds cool man!!!! I'll keep that one to play when I'm unwinding and surfing the net after a long day back in da work force!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Release.... digging it Bro!!!! Reminds me of Maiden back in da day!!! I can just picture Bruce howlin' out some crazy ass lyrics [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Is that Amplitube or Line6?

Ohhhhh I can't wait to unleash the madness thats coming!!!!

Micah777 08-05-2003 09:44 AM

brdst- Excellent song! The mix, however, needs work. The drums are too loud compared with the bass and guitar. The vocals are very clear and out front which is good. I like the harmonies. I think if you leave the drums where they are and bring the other instruments up you'll have something really going. Again, really great song.

IntelDoc 08-05-2003 09:44 AM

Badperson,
DIG THE HELL OUT OF THE SONG! Very Widespread Panic meets A. Brothers sound. Brings me back to the South GA, Valdosta days a few years ago. Very southern sounding.... Dig the guitar souds too. Very dry, but fits the tune incredibly well. The panning on the guitars is nice too. Makes the brain wander when your eyes are closed. I felt like I was at a PANIC show....

Great sound? Who is singing? I mean is this a band or is this you?

Drums are nice too. Might bring the kick up a notch or two? Same with the bass, but it is very cool sounding... Letting it loop my player now... Might have to archive this one for later listening!

Good job,
-Doc

archtop 08-05-2003 10:15 AM

Gene
the thing that jumps out at me is the misfrett 3rd note of the arpeggiated 2nd chord.
First 15 second's are really important, Kinda a first impression thing.

Gene Backlin 08-05-2003 10:34 AM

GORILLA,
Thanks for the listen ! This stuff is just a lot of fun !!!

archtop,
Kinda stands out like a sore thumb, doesn't it !
I will definitely look into that. Either an edit or re-take. Thanks so much for listening, I really appreciate it !!!

Take Care,
Gene