Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Euphonix Users — Welcome to the Avid Audio Forums (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=272493)

Avid 04-23-2010 03:13 PM

Euphonix Users — Welcome to the Avid Audio Forums

We’re excited to announce that Avid has acquired Euphonix, a renowned leader in professional audio. With this acquisition, Avid continues to reinforce its commitment to the pro audio community while expanding its control surface options into the video community. Check out this letter and join the discussion here.

We have added 2 new Euphonix forums to the DUC — Euphonix Artist Series and Euphonix Pro Series. You can find these in the Control Surfaces and Digital Mixing Consoles section, or by clicking on the Euphonix Forums link at the top of the DUC.

Dism 04-26-2010 06:43 PM

Re: Euphonix Users — Welcome to the Avid Audio Forums

<3 Euphonix & Avid combo. I'm very excited to see what lies ahead!

If only there could be some legacy support for my CS2000... *wishful thinking*

Just thought I'd get it in there before the wars begin. ;)

Bubblegum 04-26-2010 07:18 PM

This is very interesting, especially seeing the current "Power Trio" promotion on the Euphonix website, which is Apple, Apogee and Euphonix.

I would imagine that working relationship will change slightly, seeing as there is now another "power" factor who now owns the company!

Were apple also trying to aquire Euphonix I wonder? Now if Avid were to aquire Apogee and use their hardware for their interfaces then that would really be interesting!

reichman 04-26-2010 08:41 PM

Cheers to Avid for the bold move! We look forward to using our MC Control and Mixes with Pro Tools.

Cloud_9 04-26-2010 10:00 PM

Hello Avid, I have 2 questions:

1. Will there be PC support for the Artist Series? (Anytime soon? I could wait)

2. The integration of video and audio controls in one surface is superb, however, what about the audio engineers who do not work with video, will we be stuck with controls we do not need, or will there be some type of modular expandable components or surfaces dedicated for audio only?

Thank you and Congrats.

reneo 04-27-2010 03:27 AM

[cynic]
I wonder... would avid fire all euphonix developers and outsource everything to cheap and incompetent developers? Just like they did with digidesign?
Well, I'd guess that the money they save with this avid can pay all their new sales managers...
[/cynic]

Hmmm. Eucon for protools...! Yummy! Finally a good working artist serie with PT!

forgotteng 04-27-2010 09:49 AM

I am also interested in PC compatibility. I loved the MC Mix and MC Control.

fradge 04-27-2010 10:24 AM

Thanks, this is the best thing that could possibly have happened. Being both heavy Protools and Euphonix user we welcome this event. Up till now we have been using HUI on all our System 5 and Fusion consoles and HUI being what it is was very limited. Now I foresee unlimited possibilities.:D

ScottNinTV 04-27-2010 10:37 AM

Will we have to pay money to talk to support? Does the decimal point move the right on part prices?

Still looking for a good experience with Avid.

JustinA 04-27-2010 10:38 AM

So... when I will be able to use Sends past F on my MC Mix in Pro Tools LE, and when I get to see "Guitar Lead 4" on the scribble LCD instead of "G%*4"

???

The sooner full EuCon integration makes it into PT (and ADC :p), the more likely I am to come back to the Pro Tools fold instead of using Logic :)