Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Searching collaborators for PT12.5??? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=380900)

LarsC 05-15-2016 06:16 AM

Searching collaborators for PT12.5???

Is there some sort of database for available collaborators for PT12.5 projects?
I need i.e a good piano player since I don't play the instrument very well...

Stig Eliassen 05-15-2016 06:20 AM

Re: Searching collaborators for PT12.5???

I may give this a go. Would be cool to see how well it works.

What kind of genre?

ronwasserman 05-15-2016 10:20 AM

Ahhhh. I had brought this up a while back about being the real money making potential for Avid collaborators.

Avid should be building a dedicated site where you can find people for your sessions.

If they don't do it within a year perhaps I'll put a proposal together to develop that division of their business.

unkJE 05-15-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronwasserman (Post 2357009)
Avid should be building a dedicated site where you can find people for your sessions.

Great idea!

While we wait for Avid, could you create a Sticky here – with links to categories?

ronwasserman 05-15-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkJE (Post 2357088)
Great idea!

While we wait for Avid, could you create a Sticky here – with links to categories?

I think only Avid can do that right? I've never done that personally if it's even possible.

unkJE 05-15-2016 06:16 PM

The 2 Sticky Threads above this Thread look like 2 DUC Members’ Threads have been awarded “Sticky status” – perhaps by Moderators.

The DUC really works when Jeffro gets involved.

As per “if you want something done quickly, ask a busy man!” – I imagine Jeffro is being run off his feet as we speak, sorting out the top PT12.5 bugs – so I think he might be grateful for your help, if you have the time to help organise the Categories/Links/Samples/Contact Details etc.

Hopefully a Moderator will send this up the line ....

(I've just ordered my new "DUC Power!" T-shirt)

Extreme Mixing 05-15-2016 06:28 PM

I suggested in the Commit/Undo thread that it be a sticky and magically, it was! A thread for Collaboration would be great! Maybe in the Employment part?

Steve

Extreme Mixing 05-15-2016 06:29 PM

As a matter of fact, Maybe that forum should be changed to Employment/Collaboration. Makes sense.

Steve

unkJE 05-15-2016 06:52 PM

It should be a Sticky on the Avid Cloud Collaboration Forum, with its own version of Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion > Let's hear your latest stuff....right here … with separate Categories for different genres etc.

For now, an (offline/within Pro Tools) "Getting Ready for Collaboration" Folder lets us audition Audio files, when we set up a new Folder in Workspace Catalogs in Pro Tools:

Pro Tools - Using Catalogs In The Workspace Browser To Index And Search Files
http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...d-search-files

Open a 2nd Workspace and search all drives on your system - drag'n drop metadata to your ("Getting Ready for Collaboration") Folder.

“This doesn’t copy the files themselves, but will reference all of the metadata about the files including file name, bit depth, sample rate, file comments and a whole host of other attributes. If you’ve dragged a large quantity of files to a catalog, this process may take a few minutes. Once it’s done though, you will have a convenient list of the files you just added, which is fully searchable. Searching is extremely quick because Pro Tools only has to search through metadata and everything is already indexed.”

Glad I read it!

maltastudio 05-16-2016 05:33 AM

Anybody needs a guitarist I`m ready to collaborate.
Peace