Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Buy & Sell (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ProTools Ultimate perpetual License for sale (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=416329)

protoolsuserman 07-23-2021 03:53 AM

ProTools Ultimate perpetual License for sale

£1000 GBP (you will need to cover any fees if using PayPal).

support & updates Expire 23rd Jan 2022

Price includes ilok transfer fee.

Digi-link license not included as I don't have one to sell you.

Part exchanges also considered if you have a pro tools 11HD or pro tools 12HD License to swap plus some change.

I'm on an older operating system (Yosemite) so an older license is the way I need to go unfortunately.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...eb3adfe964.jpg

Sent from my CPH1917 using Tapatalk

protoolsuserman 07-24-2021 06:35 PM

Re: ProTools Ultimate perpetual License for sale

Would consider swapping a pro tools hd 11 or hd12 license with my ultimate license for a £600 difference.

Please message me if interested.

pl007 07-25-2021 05:48 AM

Hm... you can still buy PT update from HD 9-11 to Ultimate with 1 year support plan for around 500 €... your support plan will expire in 6 months...

I’ve got few HD 10/11 bundles... but for me differences is around 300-350 €...

protoolsuserman 07-25-2021 02:18 PM

Hi,

Where does one obtain the update for €500?

I think you're talking about re instatement licenses which are very rare these days. If you know of any then hit me up, I'd be happy to negotiate something.

JFreak 07-25-2021 02:19 PM

Update (renewal) is cheaper, upgrade (reinstatement) is more expensive. You can only update active plan, if the plan is expired, renewal code will not work.

pl007 07-25-2021 11:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought upgrade (from Pro Tools HD without active support plan) in June for 514 € each on Thomann website

Southsidemusic 07-26-2021 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pl007 (Post 2608778)
I bought upgrade (from Pro Tools HD without active support plan) in June for 514 € each on Thomann website

Yes but you already had a license to update. The OP is not selling a support plan, he is selling as upport plan PLUS the PTHD/Ultimate Licensed software so $£€1K is a pretty good deal as it cost around 2500 Dollars for the same thing except that it is a 1 year support plan for updates included instead of 6months so the OP is selling a HD license wirh updates and upgrades for 35-ish % of the store price. IMM = Great Deal!

Southsidemusic 07-26-2021 01:25 AM

PS. Protoolsuserman

Why would you need a 11HD license when your Umtimate will open HD10 and HD11 and HD12 etc so you only need the installer for whatever version you wanna run. I have them if you want and I am sure Avid will help you too.

So why would you wanna exchange a Ultimate license for the same thing only that it opens older versions only?

Sardi 07-26-2021 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2608783)
PS. Protoolsuserman

Why would you need a 11HD license when your Umtimate will open HD10 and HD11 and HD12 etc so you only need the installer for whatever version you wanna run. I have them if you want and I am sure Avid will help you too.

So why would you wanna exchange a Ultimate license for the same thing only that it opens older versions only?

Unless I’m mistaken, I believe new perpetual licenses only include the current version of PT. So if he bought it new 6 months ago, then he would only have access to PT2020 and above.

I could be wrong, but that’s how I recall it being. If so, it would explain why the OP is selling and chasing an older version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

protoolsuserman 07-26-2021 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2608783)
PS. Protoolsuserman

Hey,

What Sardi said below is exactly my issue, it will only open pro tools 12.8 or something maybe even a version higher than that now, avid did that to stop you using older software I guess [emoji51]