Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Strange Behaviour Send Faders (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=355901)

JimmyM 06-27-2014 06:21 AM

Strange Behaviour Send Faders

Anyone know this one:

Protools working fine...but only when i want to change the send faders the faders seems to very slow...working with mouse.... very annoying especially when I want to write automation with mouse...there is no additional fader hardware...

This strange behaviour is only with the send faders not the channel faders those works fine, even dthe aux faders,master faders....

Setup:

Macbook Pro Retina 10.9.3
Magma 3T with 1HDX card
Protools 11.1.3 HD
Omni i/o
HD i/o
Thunderbolt display

Any one any idea?

JimmyM 06-27-2014 06:13 PM

Re: Strange Behaviour Send Faders

no one?

YYR123 06-27-2014 11:20 PM

Wierd, trashing prefs probably didn't help huh?

Drop back a version and see if the problem goes away....

JFreak 06-28-2014 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyM (Post 2167116)
Protools working fine...but only when i want to change the send faders the faders seems to very slow...working with mouse.... very annoying especially when I want to write automation with mouse...there is no additional fader hardware...

I haven't experienced this and I have pretty similar setup than yours. But maybe you could do better to automate in the edit window? Just select the lane you want and use the pencil tool, that is always much faster than realtime mouse tweaks (and if you do it realtime you likely redo it later anyway...)

JimmyM 06-28-2014 02:01 AM

Hi guys thanks for your reply....

I understand that writing automation in the edit window is much easier than edit the fader up and down in the mix window...

But during mix when I want to give a bit more reverb or an effect send, the its pretty annoying when you move the mouse but the fader comes later up or down....some times when I make a fast move it takes a sec to com to the right position...

And the most strange is that this is only on the sends faders:confused:

musicman691 06-28-2014 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyM (Post 2167288)
Hi guys thanks for your reply....

I understand that writing automation in the edit window is much easier than edit the fader up and down in the mix window...

But during mix when I want to give a bit more reverb or an effect send, the its pretty annoying when you move the mouse but the fader comes later up or down....some times when I make a fast move it takes a sec to com to the right position...

And the most strange is that this is only on the sends faders:confused:

Is it just that the graphic is changing slowly or does the sound change slowly as well? Wired or wireless mouse? Do you have any kind of acceleration turned on for your mouse?

nigelpry 06-28-2014 06:38 AM

Also, is it just in sends expanded view in the mix window (small faders only) or does it still happen when you open a big and fader popup window?

JimmyM 06-28-2014 06:53 AM

I have to check that the sends are not expanded view. Wireless mous, apple Magic Mouse ... There must be something, I'd did never had this before. Weird is it's only when I click the sends then the floating fader appears when I want to move it has a slow response, I think the sound goes the way I move the mouse so that seems to be on time...

YYR123 06-28-2014 08:07 AM

Then that sounds like the graphics

JimmyM 06-28-2014 07:04 PM

Any idea what I can do about it