Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack Firmware Updater Windows 10 Crash (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403623)

Eugenel0607 03-05-2019 11:57 AM

Eleven Rack Firmware Updater Windows 10 Crash

Hi there.

I recently bought a second hand Eleven Rack with an old firmware update. After buying the firmware update from avid, the updater simply crashes and nothing pops up after that. No error message. Nothing!

I have read a few of the threads and those are only problems with windows 7.

Please help...

I'm running Windows 10. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks.

Benoni 03-05-2019 02:35 PM

Re: Eleven Rack Firmware Updater Windows 10 Crash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugenel0607 (Post 2518403)
Hi there.

I recently bought a second hand Eleven Rack with an old firmware update. After buying the firmware update from avid, the updater simply crashes and nothing pops up after that. No error message. Nothing!

I have read a few of the threads and those are only problems with windows 7.

Please help...

I'm running Windows 10. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks.

The updater doesn't work on Windows 10. You would have to use Windows 7 or Windows XP.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/t...nder-Windows-8

Eugenel0607 03-05-2019 04:33 PM

Thank you for replying so quickly.

I have tried that a couple of times. On a Windows 7 system and a Mac OS. And I contacted Avid to reset my serial number, but for some reason the updater still fails.

The window pops up where you need to type in the serial number, but it still fails.

Benoni 03-06-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugenel0607 (Post 2518429)

I have tried that a couple of times. On a Windows 7 system and a Mac OS. And I contacted Avid to reset my serial number, but for some reason the updater still fails.

The window pops up where you need to type in the serial number, but it still fails.

You have to have a bare Windows 7 install. If it has been updated to SP1 you will need to uninstall IE9 and get back to IE8. Then the updater should work.

cruisemates 08-16-2019 03:04 PM

I just want to say I have been using Pro Tools since 2004 on & off, and Mr Benoni has been here helping all along - what an asset! Thank you!

I am now at Pt 10, Eleven Rack and a Digi003 which I still love.

EricMaple 01-19-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugenel0607 (Post 2518429)

How do you contact them to get your serial reset? I also tried to update the firmware on Win 10. I do have a box that I put a base Win7 image on just for the firmware update, but I already used the serial on the failed attempt in Win10.

I cannot find any way to contact Avid regarding resetting my SN without paying them even more money.

Please help!

Thanks!

Top Jimmy 01-19-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricMaple (Post 2590777)
I cannot find any way to contact Avid regarding resetting my SN without paying them even more money.!

Do you have an Avid account? Can you not access the support portal from within your account?

EricMaple 01-20-2021 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 2590784)
Do you have an Avid account? Can you not access the support portal from within your account?

Apparently I do not understand. I cannot find any support option from 'my.avid.com' on my account that will allow me to submit a help request without paying for support.

kjrir 01-21-2022 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 2518413)
The updater doesn't work on Windows 10. You would have to use Windows 7 or Windows XP.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/t...nder-Windows-8

I have Windows 10 20H2 and tried running the updater in compatibility mode for Windows 7. The window opened and closed, then nothing. Windows XP was not an option under compatibility.

Dell XPS8700 i7
Windows 10 20H2
Pro Tools LE
Eleven Rack
Focusrite Scarlet 4i2

Darryl Ramm 01-21-2022 07:45 PM

I don't think anybody here is talking about compatibility modes. AFAIK you need a real Windows 7 etc. install.