Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   CLEAR ALL SOLO shortcut (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=392107)

[email protected] 06-29-2017 09:24 PM

CLEAR ALL SOLO shortcut

Sorry guys, I know we're all on the 12.8 highs and lows, but as a full time mixer, and a non-icon user I think we're LONG OVERDUE for the clear ALL solos shortcut.
Anyone wants to write a script for that?!

cshaw 06-29-2017 09:26 PM

Re: CLEAR ALL SOLO shortcut

There is one: hold option while pressing a solo button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[email protected] 06-29-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshaw (Post 2438391)
There is one: hold option while pressing a solo button

For all people who've mixed on real consoles and on an icon- that's not what I'm talking about. A keyboard shortcut that doesn't require moving the mouse.

YYR123 06-30-2017 04:39 AM

agreed there should be a shortcut for that.....however.

Since I got my D-Cmnd i haven't needed it :D

prior to my D-Cmnd I used keyboard maestro and just created a macro and assigned F15 (iirc) to do that.

It worked like a charm.

Carl Lie 06-30-2017 05:36 AM

Not sure if I totally get what you need but when you solo tracks a little yellowish S highlights under the time window. If you click that S all solos are shut off.

C

YYR123 06-30-2017 05:44 AM

He doesn't want to Mouse at all....

He wants a keyboard shortcut- if I am understanding him properly

john1192 06-30-2017 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2438437)
agreed there should be a shortcut for that.....however.

Since I got my D-Cmnd i haven't needed it :D

prior to my D-Cmnd I used keyboard maestro and just created a macro and assigned F15 (iirc) to do that.

It worked like a charm.

hi YYR, may i ask, what did you make this macro with ?? was this on a mac or PC ??

and to the OP - i like the idea .. hopefully we can make this work without waiting for avid to create it .. or at least have something in the meantime ..

have you submitted this to ideascale ???

thank you john

YYR123 06-30-2017 06:14 AM

https://www.keyboardmaestro.com/main/

It's just macro software, simple but can be very powerful

It is OSX only, but there are PC equivalents

john1192 06-30-2017 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2438458)
https://www.keyboardmaestro.com/main/

It's just macro software, simple but can be very powerful

It is OSX only, but there are PC equivalents

ahh .. thank you .. i was not sure if you did it within Mac OS or 3rd party ..

cheers john

cshaw 06-30-2017 06:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If you have an iPad running PT|Control (which I highly recommend - if only for the soft keys alone) you can assign a shortcut that does this…

The iPad/PT|Control is a great addition to the keyboard and mouse. If you don't have an iPad you can pick and old iPad2 dirt cheap these days.

john1192 06-30-2017 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshaw (Post 2438470)
If you have an iPad running PT|Control (which I highly recommend - if only for the soft keys alone) you can assign a shortcut that does this…

The iPad/PT|Control is a great addition to the keyboard and mouse. If you don't have an iPad you can pick and old iPad2 dirt cheap these days.

there's a great option .. i use PT|Control and use that for Toggle Mix/Edit Window .. did not think of it ..

awesome ..

cshaw 06-30-2017 12:27 PM

PT|Control is probably the best thing Avid's done in a while. Surprised they don't charge for it.

john1192 06-30-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshaw (Post 2438535)
PT|Control is probably the best thing Avid's done in a while. Surprised they don't charge for it.

SHHHHHHHH !!!! don't give them any ideas .. !!! haha

[email protected] 06-30-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

I'll give it a try!

john1192 06-30-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2438545)
I'll give it a try!

i love using it .. NOTE: there is no Flip Faders to sends YET .. hoping for that since it came out ..

and it can't be configured any way you like .. ie: Faders in view and have the transport and some soft keys .. they need to work on the real estate and give us a few more options in some of the Empty spaces .. but so nice to have !!!

YYR123 06-30-2017 03:42 PM

CLEAR ALL SOLO shortcut

No crossing of protocols - i.e. You can't use a D-Cmnd and Eucon, otherwise I would love to try it as well

cshaw 06-30-2017 05:15 PM

CLEAR ALL SOLO shortcut

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1192 (Post 2438581)
i love using it .. NOTE: there is no Flip Faders to sends YET .. hoping for that since it came out ..

and it can't be configured any way you like .. ie: Faders in view and have the transport and some soft keys .. they need to work on the real estate and give us a few more options in some of the Empty spaces .. but so nice to have !!!

Really? You can flip between Transport and Soft keys at the bottom left with one button press.
You can also configure the soft keys anyway you like. I ignore the pages Avid set up and use 3 user pages that can be customized.

Also, unless you're on a laptop, just use the number keypad on your qwerty keyboard for Transport.

Micks_Mix 02-09-2018 02:30 PM

In case you are using a Eucon controller, you can use the EuCon Global Command -> Clear Solo

Rich Breen 02-10-2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2438390)
Sorry guys, I know we're all on the 12.8 highs and lows, but as a full time mixer, and a non-icon user I think we're LONG OVERDUE for the clear ALL solos shortcut.
Anyone wants to write a script for that?!

The clear solo button is in the counter in the transport bar and could be programmed with Keyboard Maestro (as long as you maintain a consistent transport bar setup).

[email protected] 02-13-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Breen (Post 2474575)
The clear solo button is in the counter in the transport bar and could be programmed with Keyboard Maestro (as long as you maintain a consistent transport bar setup).

Rich, could you detail how you program that into Maestro? I might get it but not sure how to create a new action...
Been playing with it for a bit... The mouse click function that allows me to solo clear, also moves my cursor... Do you do differently? (not with mouse click?) and if not- is there a way to move the cursor back to its original position?
Also- If I'm on the mixer page, it selects something else...

YYR123 02-13-2018 08:29 AM

It’s a wonderful program

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...MuDP7MpPceth30

Rich Breen 02-13-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2475058)
Rich, could you detail how you program that into Maestro? ... is there a way to move the cursor back to its original position?
Also- If I'm on the mixer page, it selects something else...

I don't need this particular macro since I use a control surface, but I just programmed it in about 30 seconds to make sure it would work, and it does.

You might add a condition to not run if the front window does not contain "edit", or you could add a condition to toggle to the edit window if it's in the mix window.

You should check "Restore Mouse Location" in the details dialog for the action (the little gear icon opens it) if you want to return the cursor to where it was.

edit: just uploaded an example; it may need to have exact click location modified to run on your rig, and it's not particularly graceful, but it should give you the general idea: http://s3.amazonaws.com/Deliveries/Clear_Solo.kmmacros

[email protected] 02-16-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Breen (Post 2475136)
I don't need this particular macro since I use a control surface, but I just programmed it in about 30 seconds to make sure it would work, and it does.

You might add a condition to not run if the front window does not contain "edit", or you could add a condition to toggle to the edit window if it's in the mix window.

You should check "Restore Mouse Location" in the details dialog for the action (the little gear icon opens it) if you want to return the cursor to where it was.

edit: just uploaded an example; it may need to have exact click location modified to run on your rig, and it's not particularly graceful, but it should give you the general idea: http://s3.amazonaws.com/Deliveries/Clear_Solo.kmmacros

Thanks Rich! Could you also attach a screenshot of the macro so I could see what you did there?

Rich Breen 02-17-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2475721)
Thanks Rich! Could you also attach a screenshot of the macro so I could see what you did there?

Why not just download and import the macro that I took the time to upload for you? You can then inspect it yourself.

[email protected] 02-20-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Breen (Post 2475835)
Why not just download and import the macro that I took the time to upload for you? You can then inspect it yourself.

I just did. I changed the cursor location to match mine, but doesn't work... (does nothing)
EDIT: it was in a disabled group folder. I enabled it and now working...
Thanks!

Ludicrous Speed 11-05-2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Damn, according to avid.com -
Quote:

"SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
iPad Air or iPad mini 2 or later running iOS 8.3 or later"
Shame, cause I have an old ipad 2 lying around.

cshaw 11-09-2018 07:35 PM

If your iPad runs iOS 8 you should be good to go.
Give it a try. The Control app is free

Ludicrous Speed 11-10-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshaw (Post 2505262)

Actually, I managed to install it, even though it says no on that link above, thanks! Just gotta set it up, as I don't have wifi at home studio at the moment.

Ludicrous Speed 11-14-2018 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshaw (Post 2505262)

Hey pals,

I'm kind of stuck on getting the iPad app to work.

After registering, it said I needed to install eucontrol on my laptop, so I just spent half an hour trying to find an installer, only to get 404 errors and such.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this all over the place?

Appreciate your helps.

BScout 11-14-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed (Post 2505781)
Hey pals,

I'm kind of stuck on getting the iPad app to work.

After registering, it said I needed to install eucontrol on my laptop, so I just spent half an hour trying to find an installer, only to get 404 errors and such.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this all over the place?

Appreciate your helps.

After registering through the Control app on the iPad, go to your my.avid.com account and look in your "My Products and Subscriptions" and look for the "Pro Tools | Control and EuControl" line item, then go to the "Product Details and Download Links Show" and click show.
Installers will be there.

You need to install
"EUCON Workstation Unified Install"

for Mac or PC depending on your laptop

eddydenton 04-10-2021 11:20 PM

Pro Tools shortcuts limitations make me cry on a daily basis. Why oh why can't they have customisable shortcuts like Logic Pro. But no clear all solos keystroke shortcut?? It boggles the mind.

albee1952 04-11-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddydenton (Post 2599097)
Pro Tools shortcuts limitations make me cry on a daily basis. Why oh why can't they have customisable shortcuts like Logic Pro. But no clear all solos keystroke shortcut?? It boggles the mind.

The fact that you can't customize makes it so you can sit down on any Pro Tools rig anywhere in the world and get to work immediately. If customizing is that important, there are plenty of other DAW options. Clearing SOLO with a single mouse click is pretty easy:o

eddydenton 04-13-2021 08:25 PM

Logic Pro lets you export you and import shortcut sets so I can also sit down at any Logic Pro rig in the world and use my customized shortcuts too. My shorthand with keyboard shortcut is so quick in Logic it drives me crazy with all the annoyingly unintuitive shortcuts in Pro Tools. Like in Logic zoom horizontal is Command-L and R, and zoom vertical is Command-Up and Down. On Pro Tools zoom horizontal is R an T but zoom vertical is Control Up and Down but only the tracks you have selected so you need another shortcut to select all tracks. Sigh.

The only reason I use Pro Tools is because Logic sucks at dealing with AAF and OMF.

EmilILönneberga 09-23-2023 05:43 AM

Is there now a way to create a clear all solo shortcut? Couldn’t find anything within the keyboard shortcuts.
It would be really great to be able to use eucon with a stream deck (without sound flow)..

its2loud 09-23-2023 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilILönneberga (Post 2681488)
Is there now a way to create a clear all solo shortcut? Couldn’t find anything within the keyboard shortcuts.
It would be really great to be able to use eucon with a stream deck (without sound flow)..

When you say “now” do you mean in the current version of Pro Tools and Eucon?

Yes, you can create a soft key to clear solo. You cannot use Eucon on a streamdeck without Soundflow.

I’ve made a “Clear Solo” soft key on one of my S1’s. You could also make one for Avid Control

EmilILönneberga 09-23-2023 06:17 AM

I know it’s possible within eucon hard and software.
But I was hoping there might be a keyboard shortcut within PT.

Felix Rost 09-23-2023 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilILönneberga (Post 2681497)
I know it’s possible within eucon hard and software.
But I was hoping there might be a keyboard shortcut within PT.

There is still no Solo Clear shortcut within PT. I wrote a small app called KeyScope that does UI actions/shortcuts for PT. Solo Clear is among the included demo actions, and works very well. You can also map the action to a Stream Deck.

EmilILönneberga 09-23-2023 07:50 AM

That looks amazing, thank you. Is there an earlier release supporting Mojave?

Felix Rost 09-23-2023 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilILönneberga (Post 2681507)
That looks amazing, thank you. Is there an earlier release supporting Mojave?

No, sorry, Catalina is the minimum requirement.