Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Kush Audio AAX (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=339549)

WorldStudios 06-04-2013 05:45 AM

Kush Audio AAX

Over at GS, I asked Greg about the future of Kush Audio plugins under ProTools 11 and he replied this:

Pt & aax
Hey, to everyone in PT land, this is where we're at: Kush needs Avid's help in a major way to port to 64-bit AAX DSP. We very much want to do it, and I've written to my contacts there explaining our situation, hopefully we'll get some kind of response soon.

Avid is a big company with a lot going on right now, so if you'd like to help out with the effort, please write to Avid and let them know you're fans of Kush and would love to see both the Clariphonic and UBK-1 ported asap.

Maybe if enough people tweak their ears we can get the ball rolling sooner rather than later.

Thanks!!!

Gregory Scott - ubk

So, What can we do about this? The plugins are great and we need them working past July! Right? :-)

RyanC 06-04-2013 07:14 AM

Re: Kush Audio AAX

I'm hearing more and more about people having problems with getting what they need from avid in order to port their plugins.

Steve Duda with the xfer plugins said he tried to get the SDK and couldn't even get an email or phone response from Avid about porting to rtas/aax. I don't know what is going on over there but clearly it's spiraling out of control. Quite amazing that they will apparently put effort into squashing an aax wrapper, and won't put the effort into making the SDK readily available.

WorldStudios 06-04-2013 07:35 AM

Hear, hear!

Drew Mazurek 06-04-2013 07:57 AM

And yet some companies (Softube, Sonnox) have everything already in 64bit AAX DSP, and have for a while. Strange.

WorldStudios 06-04-2013 09:11 AM

There is more to this than meets the eye.

Drew Mazurek 06-04-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldStudios (Post 2045221)
There is more to this than meats the eye.

Enlighten us.

gtrm8kr 06-04-2013 12:13 PM

How about a Clariphonic "DSP" AAX for Windows Native in the meantime...

ryanavery 06-04-2013 12:52 PM

Just to let everyone know, we're here and actively helping our third parties to get their plug-ins up-and-running on 64-bit AAX in preparation for Pro Tools 11. Between actively monitoring our developer forum where third-parties can ask and answer questions, direct email exchanges, and occasionally in-person meetings and help as time will allow, we want to provide as much help as possible to all our third-party developers.

Occasionally, an inquiry will get missed in all of the communication. I'm not sure what happened with XFer Records' request, but I will look into it. As for Kush Audio, we did receive his email and are discussing it.

I know that this forum is filled with some of the most passionate people in the business, but understand that we are fully committed to getting all of our developers on to the AAX platform.

musicman691 06-04-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanavery (Post 2045289)
Just to let everyone know, we're here and actively helping our third parties to get their plug-ins up-and-running on 64-bit AAX in preparation for Pro Tools 11. Between actively monitoring our developer forum where third-parties can ask and answer questions, direct email exchanges, and occasionally in-person meetings and help as time will allow, we want to provide as much help as possible to all our third-party developers.

Occasionally, an inquiry will get missed in all of the communication. I'm not sure what happened with XFer Records' request, but I will look into it. As for Kush Audio, we did receive his email and are discussing it.

I know that this forum is filled with some of the most passionate people in the business, but understand that we are fully committed to getting all of our developers on to the AAX platform.

Thanks for the explanation. Perhaps you could clear up something: there's been talk that AAX has been in the works for like 4 years. Is this true and has the sdk been available for approximately that long? I ask because if it is/was then companies shouldn't be having the delays for stuff coming to market they seem to be having.

Drew Mazurek 06-04-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2045296)
Thanks for the explanation. Perhaps you could clear up something: there's been talk that AAX has been in the works for like 4 years. Is this true and has the sdk been available for approximately that long? I ask because if it is/was then companies shouldn't be having the delays for stuff coming to market they seem to be having.

Dave Tremblay stated in another thread (don't have time find it now) that the AAX2 (64bit) SDK has been available to Avid partners for over 1.5 years.