Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ProControl, Control|24, Command|8 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Control 24 faders not moving in vegas mode? please help (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=346206)

primomusic 10-25-2013 02:05 PM

Control 24 faders not moving in vegas mode? please help

Hey fellas really need some help.. I bought a control 24 about a year ago and i just started construction on the studio and havent used it protools.. it seems the faders do not move in vegas mode anymore.. I always did the vegas test once a month to make sure everything was working and now everything lights up in vegas mode but the faders dont move.. Is there anything I can do.. thank u guys and god bless

adrian

primomusic 10-25-2013 02:44 PM

Re: Control 24 faders not moving in vegas mode? please help

any help is appreciated fellas please thanks

Craig F 10-25-2013 02:49 PM

did you turn the motors off by ascendent?
any burnt smells?
was it off or on between tests? if on try power cycling off then back on (you have probably tried this one already)

primomusic 10-25-2013 08:51 PM

no burnt smells... wat do u think it can be

Craig F 10-25-2013 09:53 PM

burn smell would make me think the PSU for the faders died, still could be w/o the smell
what about the other points

crizdee 10-26-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by primomusic (Post 2096190)
no burnt smells... wat do u think it can be

Hi,

They are in banks of 8 and each bank has its own power supply cable from the power supply, so less likely to be power supply if everything else is working ok, as they usually go down as a bank of 8 only. But could still be power supply.

They also have their own controller cable, and has its all 3 banks gone down I would hazard a guess it's something to do with the controller board. Again could be power to the board or component failure.

Need to find an electronics engineer who can check it through.

Chris

primomusic 10-26-2013 09:56 AM

hi fellas thanks for the reply. what if i switch the fuse, would that work.. Im also in chicago i dont think they're service centers here

primomusic 10-27-2013 03:02 PM

do u think it might be the fuse..

Craig F 10-27-2013 06:22 PM

Is the fuse blown? as far as I know there is only the primary fuse nothing internal.
If the LEDs come on it's not the fuse

You did not reply to my other questions?

primomusic 10-28-2013 02:20 AM

hey craig thanks for the response. im not sure how to turn the motors off, how can i check that.

i tried turning off and on the power and all the lights move but faders dont..

thanks bud