Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Digidesign Hardware & Software (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Anyone familiar with AVoption|XL for PT|24 Mix, OS9, PT 5.1.3 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=269114)

flexico 03-11-2010 09:40 AM

Anyone familiar with AVoption|XL for PT|24 Mix, OS9, PT 5.1.3

perhaps someone here can shed some light. I have Pro Tools Mix in a 13-slot PCI chassis hanging off a G4 running PT 5.1.3 in Mac OS 9.2.2. It works really well and I'm very happy!

I've recently been given an Avid Meridien III Digital Media Board (0030-03138-01 B) and connecting cable, and since this is the basis of Digidesign's AVoption|XL I thought I might try and make that work, although I know very little about this system. I already have a USD Sync and an ATTO UL3D card too. So, from the digi archives it seems that hardware wise I now just need an "Avid Break Out Box with Analog Video I/O board installed". IF this is correct I may be in luck with that because I've been offered the following:

AVID 0020-00365-01 ' BREAKOUT BOX '
AVID FALCON SDI BOARD 0030-03022-0 + 0030-00382-01
AVID AUDIO SPARROW I/O BOARD 0030-00282-01

Is the above everything I need in terms of hardware?

As for the software it looks like I need to find the AVoption|XL Software as well as DigiTranslator 2.0 for MacOS 9. Any idea where I can get hold of these? And if I can't (since the s/w will likely be the most difficult bit to secure) what will the hardware be capable of on its own, in the Pro Tools environment or perhaps with an alternative Avid editing front-end?

Thanks in advance. Hopefully some of you have long memories..!

flexico 03-17-2010 09:33 AM

Re: Anyone familiar with AVoption|XL for PT|24 Mix, OS9, PT 5.1.3

So, I'm pretty sure I'm on top of the hardware OK. It's literally given away for free nowadays it seems. However I'm really stuck on the software. Anyone have the AVoption|XL and DigiTranslator 2.0 floppies lying around by any chance??

John_Toolbox 03-17-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flexico (Post 1574001)
So, I'm pretty sure I'm on top of the hardware OK. It's literally given away for free nowadays it seems. However I'm really stuck on the software. Anyone have the AVoption|XL and DigiTranslator 2.0 floppies lying around by any chance??

Digitranslator 2 also has an ilok version that you could probably find on the buy and sell area or ebay, that would be the way to go for that. I do have the original box for mine somewhere, I can't remember if it came with floppies as well or not. Not sure about AVoption, I'm not familiar with that software.

flexico 03-17-2010 02:19 PM

hey john, yes you're correct about the iLok authorisation. Both Digitranslator 2 and AVoption XL are available as iLok licenses and can be found on the used market. However they will only authorise within OS X, not OS 9. For that you have to have floppy key discs. I really need to stay in OS 9 as I have all sorts of very expensive authorisations for things like Smartcode DTS, Dolby, Realverb, PostConform, Machine Control, etc which I just can't transfer to OS X because the vendors have abandoned any support. Hence, if I could get AVoption happening under OS 9 I could keep this investment ticking away for a while longer! Everything works so well. It's just the Copy Protection that's a ticking time bomb :(

John_Toolbox 03-17-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flexico (Post 1574161)
hey john, yes you're correct about the iLok authorisation. Both Digitranslator 2 and AVoption XL are available as iLok licenses and can be found on the used market. However they will only authorise within OS X, not OS 9. For that you have to have floppy key discs. I really need to stay in OS 9 as I have all sorts of very expensive authorisations for things like Smartcode DTS, Dolby, Realverb, PostConform, Machine Control, etc which I just can't transfer to OS X because the vendors have abandoned any support. Hence, if I could get AVoption happening under OS 9 I could keep this investment ticking away for a while longer! Everything works so well. It's just the Copy Protection that's a ticking time bomb :(

I sure thought my digitranslator 2.0 ilok license works in OS9/PT5. I know for sure that all of my other ilok licenses for mix worked in OS9 except tc tools. I have a mix card set up right now, let me check this and I'll get back to you.