Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   What should I do (license) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=345256)

hornedrum 10-02-2013 06:38 AM

What should I do (license)

Hey,

Here is a quick synopsis of my problem...
Running PT 10 on a mac pro.
Bought PT 9 from Studica so get free upgrades for 3/4 years.

My license on ilok 1 for PT 9 and 10 has just expired. (ilok app says 'Surrendered from all locations' & 'locked group')

I have a license for PT 10 & 11, but it only works on ilok2, so can't run PT right now as I don't have an ilok 2.
Surely I should be able to get something working on ilok1, I shouldn't have to purchase an ilok2 right now?

Who do I speak to, Avid, Studica or ilok?
I need to get working asap, thanks in advance for the advice...

Andrew

Craig F 10-02-2013 07:01 AM

Re: What should I do (license)

This sounds odd.
Is the 11 an upgrade or a clean purchase?

hornedrum 10-02-2013 07:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Upgrade.
Well, seeing as I get 'free updates' with my original purchase from Studica, then I got sent the PT 10 & 11 free of charge from Digi. I just can't use that because I have no ilok2.
I am guessing the old PT 9 &10 license had a time limit on it as they sent another. Doesn't help me though, as I have no ilok 2 to use it with.
Help!

hornedrum 10-02-2013 07:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New screenshot which shows a little more hopefully!

Craig F 10-02-2013 07:19 AM

OK, 11 required the surrender of your 9/10 licence. Sounds like ilok has deemed your 9 forfeit already.
Avid is who you need to contact but you need to get yourself an ilok2, there are some deals on them.

CME 10-02-2013 07:19 AM

I think getting an ilok 2 is you're only solution. You don't have a pt9/10 license anymore. It was surrendered. It's just showing there because you used to have one. Maybe someone else will have an answer but I'm pretty sure an ilok 2 is your only hope.

Phil Ogden 10-02-2013 07:20 AM

I believe the upgrade to PT 10/11 involves surrender of the old PT license. Hence it shows as expired.

Unfortunately, the 10/11 license is bundled i.e cannot be separated so, yes, you now need to purchase ilok2 as that is the min requirement for your current license.

DetroitT 10-02-2013 07:35 AM

As a student with the now retired student upgrade-program, you had to have grabbed the 10/11 upgrade, registered and the went to iLok and surrendered.

None of this is automated and now your in a bind (if I understand your post) and in need of an iLok2.

Yes, It's time to get an iLok 2 and to note for future upgrades to read the readme files and software spec's which would have alerted you this iLok2 need.

This should cost around 25-$40us. Some plug-in makers offer free iLoks with their products.
but overall this would cost more upfront.

hornedrum 10-02-2013 07:53 AM

Thanks for all the help!
I hate 'having' to upgrade hardware, it should always be the user's choice, even if it is only £30 ish.
ilok 2 here I come, but means I cant work til I get my hands on one. Meh.

Thanks again people, not had to use this board in a long time, good to see it's still as great as it was back in the day...

Cheers

Bruce Paine 10-02-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornedrum (Post 2088814)
Thanks for all the help!
I hate 'having' to upgrade hardware, it should always be the user's choice, even if it is only £30 ish.
ilok 2 here I come, but means I cant work til I get my hands on one. Meh.

Thanks again people, not had to use this board in a long time, good to see it's still as great as it was back in the day...

Cheers

I replied to your message with a temporary solution that should get you going again until you are able to get an iLok 2. Apologies for not seeing it earlier today, had a bunch of stuff going on.