Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   how to assign a midi controler to an audio track's volume? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=45807)

charlesB 05-15-2002 01:18 AM

how to assign a midi controler to an audio track\'s volume?

Hello,

Is it possible to assign a keyboard's modwheel to the audio track's volume? I don't have any Mixer/controller, just a nordlead2 and Protools LE 5.1.1

thanks.

Chompers 05-15-2002 07:08 AM

Re: how to assign a midi controler to an audio track\'s volume?

No

ckerian 05-15-2002 08:14 AM

try assigning it CC#7 and assign to midi channel 16 to trick it into thinking it's a cs-10. then.. go into the periferiels dialog and choose the cs-10 profile and specify that device and the send and recieve device.

Zeus 05-15-2002 09:26 AM

I've been fiddling a bit with Cycling74's MAX, and did a patch that enables to route any incoming midi controller to Pro Tools faders, pans, sends, plug-ins...

It could be run as a stand alone program (thus not requiring Cycling's Max nor even their free patch player) and I will probably put it on the net if I ever finish it into a usable state. If the demand is high I might start looking at it again quite soon...

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Z

Freeheel 05-15-2002 04:43 PM

judging by the number of people who have posted about using their arcane midi devices (including me) to control Protools, I think that if you finished your program, you would not only be a god, but our hero as well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Zeus 05-15-2002 05:19 PM

The difficulty isn't really in the principle of controlling Pro Tools functions via the devices, but rather in the making of a sensible user interface and making sure it would run on the largest possible amout of configurations. I luckily have access to several Pro Tools TDM, LE and Free systems as well as midi controllers (Pc 1600, Kaosspad, Motormix, Clavia synths etc...) but it certainly takes time to figure out all that together. Plus writing a manual that would make sense! (And writing words really isn't my greatest skill...)

I would hate to have "hate"-mail coming to my way if I just posted something not-so-ready to download and people would have extreme trouble using it. Well, anyway, it would be freeware, so I don't know...? Perhaps someone fluent in Max programming could come up with something first?

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Z

charlesB 05-16-2002 02:21 AM

thanks for all reply !

I just try with Max/MSP (you can dowload demo in www.cycling74.com). I create an easy patch and it works fine. I can control Audio fader with NordLead's Modwheel, Mute with a button, etc... but I don't find the Protools Pan controller number !!

Max seems to be a good solution.

Zeus: I think it will be easy to create a patch with assign function (like reaktor "learn" function). User can select a Protools controller and just turn a knob from any externat controller ! What do you think about it ?