Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Very Odd Issue With Playback (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=286481)

Snafu 11-09-2010 07:30 PM

Very Odd Issue With Playback

Hello peeps,

having a very unusual problem- playback as stopped after working fine for about 5 years!! Recording still works, the waves are all still there, I can even hear the audio I record in while recording..but then I press play, the master levels appear normal (visually) but no audio comes out whatsoever!! Cables and Amp not the problem either, I think it's the first time I'm stuck for options here!!

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated...

PS: No mutes are on either, and the mix buknob is turned to the right..Still must be something obvious, everyhting was working til yesterday. It's an old 6.4cs9 on Mbox1:)

tonepad 11-09-2010 10:18 PM

Re: Very Odd Issue With Playback

have you tried the headphone out of the MB?

Snafu 11-10-2010 01:15 AM

Thanks for the reply Tonepad. I hadn't actually tried it, but nothing outputs from there either (unless again you have record enabled and playing through an external source).

Snafu 11-10-2010 11:02 AM

Sorry to bump this, but 2nd day now with no playback and work is pushing!! DigiTechSupport, no ideas?? Did a thorough search through the forum and all I could see is issues from folk not knowing how to use the mix knob:)

Thanks again in advance!

The Weed 11-10-2010 06:17 PM

Are you in Input Only monitoring?

Cheers,

Snafu 11-11-2010 12:28 AM

No, auto-input. Tried switching it in case it helped, but nada. I'm really struggling to see what's happening here, when I read your post I thought it must be something like that, as the problem came out of nowhere. If the box itself was faulty I doubt it would play out when recording.

Thanks for giving it a shot.

Snafu 11-11-2010 06:10 PM

I'm getting no help from Digi on this, so will try posting more details...I didn't initially as the setup hads worked for years, but here goes...

PROBLEM: No sound on playback. Bouncing still works!!!! (you don't hear it, but can play it from windown media player etc)

AMD Athlon 3200
1GB RAM
Windows XP
PT 6.4cs9
2 300GB Sata Drives
Tried everything in Troubleshooting guides...
Tried uninstall and reinstall
Tried replacing cables, amp channel etc
Not the position of the mix knob causing this!
No sound off headphones either

I'm desperate for help, was about to send an LP that was 5 years in the making to the pressing plant so if anyone can help it would be extremely appreciated

Thanks again

cwsand 11-11-2010 07:53 PM

If you can, try installing PT on another pc and see if the MBox works there.

Snafu 11-11-2010 08:20 PM

I'm hoping to try that soon, but unable to do so at least until Monday, and then I don't know if that PC will be PT compatible. Also know no one with an Mbox to try a diferent box on my PC. I've even lost my registration number and can't contact Avid support...

Thanks for your time cwsans!

Snafu 11-12-2010 03:57 AM

OK, after trying everything, I thought let's go old school. I unplugged and it plugged it back in (USB). Well it did what the reinstall couldn't, and I'm back in business. Just thought this may be somehitng that should go in the general troubeshooting, I had actually started looking at prices for a new mbox and once I got my hands on somebody else's and saw that it worked and mine doesn't I might have replaced a perfectly working mbox...

Thanks again to everybody who tried to help out.