Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Looking for best time stretching for pt in 2021 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417400)

ejsongs 10-16-2021 07:57 AM

Looking for best time stretching for pt in 2021

Looking foo Best time stretching in 2021 for pro tools:

Pitch n Time 3
X form
Zplane elastique
Waves Sound Shifter.

I currently own xform and Sound Shifter. Xform takes forever and a day. Looking for best sounding with zero artifacts. Mainly for changing tempo on background and lead vocal tracks, changing tempo on my mastered mixes before uploading to streaming services and time stretching loops with tce tool.

Elastic audio is cool for certain things but can leave way too many artifacts. Is it worth investing in pitch n time 3 pro/le or elastique or maybe both? I just want great results and as much as I rather not bite the bullet I will if I have to.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ej

JFreak 10-16-2021 08:20 AM

Re: Looking for best time stretching for pt in 2021

Serato has one of the worst support out there, unless you are DJ and buy their bread and butter stuff. Don't hold your breath when they would be Apple Silicon compatible...

EGS 10-16-2021 09:32 AM

a recent conversation: https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417246

Mike Thornton 10-17-2021 01:18 AM

check this out... 6 Of The Best Time And Pitch Manipulation Plugins

Hope it helps.

Mike

noiseboyuk 10-17-2021 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejsongs (Post 2616137)

Pitch n Time 3
X form
Zplane elastique
Waves Sound Shifter.

I currently own xform and Sound Shifter. Xform takes forever and a day. Looking for best sounding with zero artifacts. Mainly for changing tempo on background and lead vocal tracks, changing tempo on my mastered mixes before uploading to streaming services and time stretching loops with tce tool.

Elastic audio is cool for certain things but can leave way too many artifacts. Is it worth investing in pitch n time 3 pro/le or elastique or maybe both? I just want great results and as much as I rather not bite the bullet I will if I have to.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ej

To this day I've not found anything to top the iZotope Radius algorithm. AFAIK however this isn't available as a direct plugin for PT - I wish it was. I usually export to RX which uses it. Adobe Audition uses the same algorithm.

For use with the timestretch tool, X-Form can be ok, it's certainly miles better than stock.

Marsdy 10-17-2021 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejsongs (Post 2616137)

Pitch n Time 3
X form
Zplane elastique
Waves Sound Shifter.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ej

I have the ones you list except PnT. To me it’s very programme dependent, algorithms work some of the time. I have elastique as my default in preferences but very often try one of the others if I’m not happy with the results. Occasionally even Avid’s TCE algorithm wins!

ejsongs 10-18-2021 02:22 AM

Marsdy,

That is what I am afriad of...which basically means i will need to get them all.

:(.

Ej

ejsongs 10-18-2021 02:23 AM

Marsdy,

That is what I am afraid of...which basically means i will need to get them all.

:(.

Ej

noiseboyuk 10-18-2021 02:53 AM

This is all why I use Radius the majority of the time. The others aren't as good - unless it's super-simple material I just export to RX and be done with it.

Eric Lambert 10-18-2021 10:27 AM

Pitch n Time ranks supreme in our experience (music composition and audio post). We do quite a lot of expansion/compression and cry like babies when we're forced to work on machines that don't have P'n'T installed. It's nearly always the most transparent of the many options available. The cost of admission can be steep, but worth it, IMO.