Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Avid Icon Control Surface Compatibility (D|Command/Control) with PT Studio 2022.4? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=419807)

Antigua 04-28-2022 02:24 AM

Avid Icon Control Surface Compatibility (D|Command/Control) with PT Studio 2022.4?

What’s the likelihood compatibility with Avid Icon (D|Command/Control) has been unlocked for PT Studio along with other feature additions from PT Ultimate?

junkgear 04-28-2022 02:40 AM

Re: Icon Control Surface Compatibility with PT Studio 2022.4?

PT Studio supports both HUI and Mackie Control, so the Icon controllers should work just fine.

Pete Gates 04-28-2022 02:51 AM

Suspect you might both be talking about different Icons here. :D

Pete

junkgear 04-28-2022 02:56 AM

Ah…. The AVID Icon…. Yeah, I don’t know about that one LOL.
There had been some confusion on which versions support controllers in general.

Antigua 04-28-2022 03:24 AM

Yeah Pete is correct, I should have written Avid Icon.. I’ll correct this now.
Very keen to know if anyone who has a D|Command/Control can test this with a PT Studio licence.

abc1mce2 04-28-2022 04:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antigua (Post 2634880)
Yeah Pete is correct, I should have written Avid Icon.. I’ll correct this now.
Very keen to know if anyone who has a D|Command/Control can test this with a PT Studio licence.

I would think that all D|Command/Control owners would be running PT Ultimate. If you have a PT Ultimate License, you also have a PT Studio license as well. The only problem is that it's in a locked group so you can't use/try them separately to run your test.

Antigua 04-28-2022 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abc1mce2 (Post 2634885)
I would think that all D|Command/Control owners would be running PT Ultimate. If you have a PT Ultimate License, you also have a PT Studio license as well. The only problem is that it's in a locked group so you can't use/try them separately to run your test.

I guess that’s likely the case, but hoping someone may have a second vanilla licence on a separate iLok that it can be tested with. Or Avid could let us know…

Led 05-06-2022 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antigua (Post 2634888)
I guess that’s likely the case, but hoping someone may have a second vanilla licence on a separate iLok that it can be tested with. Or Avid could let us know…

Someone on the Icon subforum tried and said no. Shame.

Antigua 05-07-2022 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led (Post 2636322)
Someone on the Icon subforum tried and said no. Shame.

Yeah that is a shame. I’m sure it’s not hard to change, but I guess it will affect sales of new Eucon controllers, all of which, as I understand it, are compatible with studio.

I wonder how many d|command/control users are now Thu king about downgrading to Studio and buying an s1 or two as a cost cutting option…

Led 05-07-2022 04:09 PM

Re: Avid Icon Control Surface Compatibility (D|Command/Control) with PT Studio 2022.4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antigua (Post 2636364)
Yeah that is a shame. I’m sure it’s not hard to change, but I guess it will affect sales of new Eucon controllers, all of which, as I understand it, are compatible with studio.

I wonder how many d|command/control users are now Thu king about downgrading to Studio and buying an s1 or two as a cost cutting option…

I'd think most people with Icons are on Perpetual licenses anyway, so they'll either just keep renewing at the old price, or just drop subscription and sit on an older version. Doubt most would give up Icon compatibility to save $100 a year. If they were off sub and could pay 299 to get new features and still use the Icon maybe..