Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Digidesign Hardware & Software (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sign here to get Masterlist CD integrated into Protools (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=10963)

Mike Thornton 10-18-2002 02:12 AM

Sign here to get Masterlist CD integrated into Protools

If you would like to burn a CD direct from a Protools session without having to bounce a file then sign here please. For us in radio land the number of prospective Protools users who go off the idea when they find out Protools can't do this is embarrassing. It makes it very difficult to sell Protools in Radio Broadcasters.

Please fix it Digi and bring Masterlist CD from the dead!

artworkjamal 10-18-2002 07:44 AM

Re: Sign here to get Masterlist CD integrated into Protools

Ditto

Jerry Halatyn 10-18-2002 07:45 AM

As much as I like MasterList as a stand-alone program, it would REALLY be nice if PT could handle the job.

blairl 10-18-2002 08:24 AM

I've been asking for this for years. I would love to see it happen. DVD-Audio authoring as well.

AvidCS 10-18-2002 08:29 AM

Thanks for the suggestion folks.

This feature will not be available in the upcoming release of Pro Tools 6 for OSX. However, this has been submitted as a feature request to the Product Management team here at Digi for consideration in a future release.

DigiCS

Newton 10-18-2002 08:40 AM

Agree with Blairl. Not only we need a CD burning capability but a DVD-Audio authoring software. The CD market is dead, we have to burn DVDs instead of CDs in the future.
So maybe that's the reason Digi doesn't include a CD burning option into the new PT at all…
Am I right, Digi CS #6087??? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Ewald

Heinz Kohlbauer 10-18-2002 08:44 AM

Completely agree with Newton and Blairl!

We absolutely need a DVD-Audio Authoring software from Digi!!

Heinz

Zownd 10-18-2002 08:52 AM

I agree

But I don't think it will be possible if protools still has to do processing (reverbs and such)
But with a clean audio file it should be very well possible.
masterlist might not be the biggest chunk for Digi but for a lot of us it's a necessity.
My hopes are that MLCD will still work on OSX.
So Digi hear our prayers and think about your loyal clients. It's not all about the allmighty buck. It is indeed about loyalty for your trusty clients to stick with digidesign gear.

Digiquick 10-18-2002 10:35 AM

Y-E-S!!!!!

Barnabas 10-18-2002 01:35 PM

Yes. That's a great idea. I've abandoned MLCD in favor of Toast. I'd like to go back to MLCD or just make CDs straight from within PT