Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Remember Brad Lyons? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=283684)

kopper 10-08-2010 07:34 AM

Remember Brad Lyons?

"Remember Brad Lyons? We'll heeee's baaaaack!

I've known and bought gear through Brad for nearly ten years now, and know that many of you have too. His expertise and advise have meant a lot to many of us, and I've just learned that he has "landed" back on both feet in Atlanta, GA and is now with GC Pro. That's Guitar Center Pro. He won't be in a store or walking a showroom floor, but will be fully mobile and selling the best audio gear, the "high-end" stuff, and doing what he does best, providing personal audio sales service.

So here's wishing Brad the best and hoping that he'll be back on the DUC soon!

kopper

WernerF 10-08-2010 07:46 AM

Re: Remember Brad Lyons?

My GC Pro guy gives me insanely great prices that are way better than anything I can find anywhere else. Sweetwater never even came remotely close. 'Ol Brad had better get used to a whole new way of doing business. It's not "expertise" that I'm looking for.

Drew Mazurek 10-08-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WernerF (Post 1678798)
My GC Pro guy gives me the insanely great prices that are way better than anything I can find anywhere else. Sweetwater never even came remotely close. 'Ol Brad had better get used to a whole new way of doing business. It's not "expertise" that I'm looking for.

What he said!!!!!!!!!! +1000

GCP is a different game. Thankfully. They know they will make their money off of the lawyers and doctors that dabble, not pros.

digidesigner 10-08-2010 07:50 AM

AFAIK Brad has never left the DUC! I was sure that as he instantly became an Rockstar of Pro Tools it was only a matter of seconds before someone hired him again (Y) :-)

chrisdee 10-08-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kopper (Post 1678793)
I've just learned that he has "landed" back on both feet

Sign of a survivor. Always nice to hear things end well:)

tamasdragon 10-08-2010 08:25 AM

It's good to hear it! Wishes the best for him!

Let me not comment on the other company though, who f.....:eek:

DHS 10-08-2010 10:11 AM

Make their money off Doctors and lawyers? LOL. I know a couple of these so called dabblers who GCPro sold Icons and Hd rigs to for around cost. All GC is doing is cheapening Avids name. I had 3 gigs last year to clean up after a GC installation. 2 In Atlanta and one in Florida. I hopfully Brad is better than what they were running with. Avid needs to drop GC for everything accept LE and box sales.

mhelm01 10-08-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHS (Post 1678852)
Make their money off Doctors and lawyers? LOL. I know a couple of these so called dabblers who GCPro sold Icons and Hd rigs to for around cost. All GC is doing is cheapening Avids name. I had 3 gigs last year to clean up after a GC installation. 2 In Atlanta and one in Florida. I hopfully Brad is better than what they were running with. Avid needs to drop GC for everything accept LE and box sales.

Let me get this straight. You're saying that Avid should stop GC from making them (Avid) money by selling SPO items? On top of that you're complaining that you had to play "clean up" after a GC install? You must have done that for free then, right?:cool:

WernerF 10-08-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHS (Post 1678852)

Brilliant idea. Let's make sure that we all have to pay more for our stuff because we have some bizarre feelings about GC. Truly brilliant.

promixr 10-08-2010 11:31 AM

This news is only slightly bigger news than the fact that John Lennon would have been 70 today... but I guess in this US economy the fact that *anyone* is able to have a job is good news... good luck to Brad and a very special good luck to any of his new customers -you're gonna need it (sorry couldn't resist...)

(people know I'm kidding -right?)