Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Signal Generator? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=192644)

Major Matt 03-17-2007 10:19 AM

Signal Generator?

I'm running a digi 001 5.1 on a mac OS 9 and I can't seem to get a signal generator any more. I see it in the plug ins folder in my DAE folder but it's nowhere to be found in my inserts??? Any ideas?

EGS 03-17-2007 10:30 AM

Re: Signal Generator?

It's Audiosuite, not RTAS.

kite 03-17-2007 10:45 AM

Hi Major Matt,

don't think the Sig Generator is Audiosuite at all -it has to be rtas to work , especially if you want to do a "Line-Up" with it, or to record it to a track for a "Test" session etc-how could you do that with AudioSuite ?!!!

Are you trying to insert on a mono or stereo channel? -I think it only shows on a mono channel.

Major Matt 03-17-2007 11:28 AM

It doesn't show up on any track or aux. It's just not in my inserts at all?

kite 03-17-2007 12:15 PM

Hi again-just re-read your post ...OS 9 huh -not used 9 for a while now ! So, very much from memory, what version is your Sig Generator P-In ? It might be too recent for your PTools v5.1 -you say you can't see it "any more" , so I guess it worked before, so what might you have changed-have you moved the Plug In Folder or something ?

I don't recollect Sig Generator being part of the PTools 5.1 package, but 5.1 is going back a few years now !!! Maybe someone with the 001, and OS 9 will know better -have you thought of upgrading at all -?
So, sorry, not really been of much help to you ....I held back from OSX for quite a while, as I was very reeluctant to upgrade, but it is well worth it, but then I don't know if the 001 is OK with OSX.

Major Matt 03-17-2007 02:30 PM

Yes, I know about the upgrade thing... Just don't have the money for it for now and hey it works. For the time being here's the thing. I have a hard time remembering if I've used it before with this system. I freelance and work on a lot of different computers but the point is there is a plug in for it in the DAE Plug Ins folder and it's labeled as Ver. 5.1? And when I go to look for it in my inserts it's just not not there? Pro Tools was reinstalled on this computer after a harddrive died about a year ago but everything else appears to be the same as far as I can remember?

EGS 03-18-2007 08:38 AM

Quote:

It doesn't show up on any track or aux. It's just not in my inserts at all?

Like I wrote earlier, that's because it's AudioSuite and not RTAS. Select a section on a track or tracks - it dosen't need to contain audio. Then, under Audiosuite ---> Signal Generator ---> select desired freqency etc ---> process. Make sure "use in playlist" is selected.

Major Matt 03-20-2007 11:53 AM

The signal generator doesn't show up in audiosuite?