Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   PT 12.3 kontakt ONLY so far commit issue (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=373999)

john1192 11-08-2015 04:23 PM

PT 12.3 kontakt ONLY so far commit issue

just found a possible bug .. in kontakt ONLY .. .. when you commit a track and then undo .. when it comes back you have to reset the midi input or it does not play the midi notes .. even though the assignment looks correct ..

i tried same thing in Velvet and it is fine ...

H-Musikk 11-09-2015 12:05 AM

Re: PT 12.3 kontakt ONLY so far commit issue

I experienced the same on PC yesterday...

mdvirtual 11-09-2015 05:11 AM

Seeing the same thing here in Windows 7, hopefully they address this in the next point release.

I'm liking the commit and drag MIDI to audio features otherwise, and 12.3 feels solid so far. Didn't have a chance to push it too hard over the weekend but I'll be putting it through its paces this week on a documentary score.

john1192 11-09-2015 11:15 AM

i tested 12.3 and kontakt 5.5.1 in mavericks 10.9.5 and it is the same thing ..

and not just Mac but Windows as well .. not sure if this is Kontakt or 12.3 issue ... or a combo issue ..

connor@@vid 11-09-2015 12:20 PM

I cannot reproduce this here with Kontakt 5.5.0 (which appears to be the latest AAX version installed with 5.5.1 unless I messed up install...)

In the meantime, can you guys PM me links to session files. No audio needed, and you can remove MIDI content as well if you like. Just need the tracks themselves as they are in sessions where you are reproducing this.

john1192 11-09-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by connor@@vid (Post 2309736)
I cannot reproduce this here with Kontakt 5.5.0 (which appears to be the latest AAX version installed with 5.5.1 unless I messed up install...)

In the meantime, can you guys PM me links to session files. No audio needed, and you can remove MIDI content as well if you like. Just need the tracks themselves as they are in sessions where you are reproducing this.

i started with 5.5.0 and it happened there .. i updated to 5.5.1 to see if it helped me but it did not ..

mdvirtual 11-09-2015 01:42 PM

Hi Connor, thanks for jumping in. Just PM'd you a session saved in various states of commit/undo.

On my windows system a Kontakt 5.5.1 instrument track consistently loses its MIDI routing following a commit and undo. Interestingly enough the routing is not greyed out as it had been with the MIDI routing bug in PT11. All looks normal in the instrument pane, and if I drill down and click on the MIDI channel the routing is re-established. Also, if I close and reopen the session the routing is restored.

Hope this helps!

Quote:

john1192 11-09-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

latest AAX is 5.5.1.451 .. when i get a chance i will send you a session ...

connor@@vid 11-10-2015 06:36 PM

I can reproduce now, but only if I undo the commit during playback. Is this what you're experiencing? If I perform the undo action while the transport is stopped Kontakt plays fine. Only when I commit a track with Kontakt, start playback and undo while the transport is rolling does the midi connection fail. It's still a bug so it will be logged internally and we will investigate if it is something on our end or if we need to work with NI. Of the instruments I have checked so far this is only occurring with Kontakt but we will start on our end to see if we can fix.

john1192 11-10-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by connor@@vid (Post 2310172)
I can reproduce now, but only if I undo the commit during playback. Is this what you're experiencing? If I perform the undo action while the transport is stopped Kontakt plays fine. Only when I commit a track with Kontakt, start playback and undo while the transport is rolling does the midi connection fail. It's still a bug so it will be logged internally and we will investigate if it is something on our end or if we need to work with NI. Of the instruments I have checked so far this is only occurring with Kontakt but we will start on our end to see if we can fix.

interesting .. mine happens when stopped .. never even thought to try undo while it was running ..

thank you for being on this .. will post back with anymore info i find ..

cheers john